From this mornings update:
Code:
Error: Package: xfce4-mixer-4.11.0-1.fc20.i686 (@xfce411)
Requires: libxfce4util.so.6
Removing: libxfce4util-4.11.0-1.fc20.i686 (@xfce411)
libxfce4util.so.6
Updated By: libxfce4util-4.12.1-1.fc20.i686 (people-xfce412)
~libxfce4util.so.7
Available: libxfce4util-4.10.1-2.fc20.i686 (fedora)
libxfce4util.so.6
Error: Package: libxfcegui4-4.10.0-5.fc20.i686 (@fedora)
Requires: libxfce4util.so.6
Removing: libxfce4util-4.11.0-1.fc20.i686 (@xfce411)
libxfce4util.so.6
Updated By: libxfce4util-4.12.1-1.fc20.i686 (people-xfce412)
~libxfce4util.so.7
Available: libxfce4util-4.10.1-2.fc20.i686 (fedora)
libxfce4util.so.6
Error: Package: xfce4-quicklauncher-plugin-1.9.4-16.fc20.i686 (@fedora)
Requires: libxfce4util.so.6
Removing: libxfce4util-4.11.0-1.fc20.i686 (@xfce411)
libxfce4util.so.6
Updated By: libxfce4util-4.12.1-1.fc20.i686 (people-xfce412)
~libxfce4util.so.7
Available: libxfce4util-4.10.1-2.fc20.i686 (fedora)
libxfce4util.so.6
You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
You could try running: rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest
Ok the quicklauncher-plugin has issues due to libxfce4gui dependency and can be easily removed with:
Code:
yum autoremove libxfcegui4-4.10.0-5.fc20.i686 \
xfce4-quicklauncher-plugin-1.9.4-16.fc20.i686
Although they are part of the xfce4 meta package as far as I know. So they get triggered as soon as one enters "yum group install xfce-desktop".
Testing as I write this comment:
sudo yum group install xfce-desktop --installroot=/opt/test --releasever=20
Code:
Error: Package: libxfcegui4-4.10.0-5.fc20.i686 (fedora)
Requires: libxfce4util.so.6
Available: libxfce4util-4.10.1-2.fc20.i686 (fedora)
libxfce4util.so.6
Installing: libxfce4util-4.12.1-1.fc20.i686 (people-xfce412)
~libxfce4util.so.7
Error: Package: xfce4-quicklauncher-plugin-1.9.4-16.fc20.i686 (fedora)
Requires: libxfce4util.so.6
Available: libxfce4util-4.10.1-2.fc20.i686 (fedora)
libxfce4util.so.6
Installing: libxfce4util-4.12.1-1.fc20.i686 (people-xfce412)
~libxfce4util.so.7
You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
You could try running: rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest
This is how people most likely install xfce4 by issuing the "group install". Also people who might just test xfce4 (because they might be using mate, gnome, kde, lxqt or else). They get stuck into these issues.
Therefore I suggest two options:
- fix of these two packages somehow or
- provide dummy-stubs rpm files for the time being,
to satisfy the group manager of yum.
This leaves us to the "xfce4-mixer-4.11.0-1.fc20.i686" whis is quite mandatory I think. It's no part of the yum group xfce-desktop so I installed it manually but I need something to adjust the volume in my task bar. I believe that the mixer only requires re-compiling. May I ask, if you could test a rpm build of the mixer ?
Thanks for the great work. Much appreciated.