Hello
I installed Fedora 11
Install the modem driver
And work with me online
But I can not never browsing
Just contact
thank
Hello
I installed Fedora 11
Install the modem driver
And work with me online
But I can not never browsing
Just contact
thank
Last edited by stoat; 14th January 2010 at 04:31 AM. Reason: Removed large colored fonts.
Hello fedora1986,
I don't really know what's wrong, but since no one else replied... Maybe it's a DNS nameserver issue. Try an IP address in your browser's URL navigation bar (Google is 74.125.159.106). If that works, then try adding some DNS nameserver IP addresses (either your ISP's or OpenDNS's) into whatever you are using to configure your dial-up connection.
If the browser is Firefox, then another idea is to disable IPv6. See how here...
P.S.: Don't use large colored fonts in your posts. See the posting guidelines.
I've used dial-up modems with Fedora successfully using the wvdial program.
yum install wvdial
But, what kind of modem are you trying to use with Fedora? Is it an internal modem, a usb modem or a serial modem?
Is it an internal Winmodem that might need a specialized driver? If it is you can use an app called scanmodem to find out what driver you need to install. You can find the info here: http://linmodems.org/
Maybe with a little more info we can offer better help.
Registered Linux User #348347
Have you been seduced by siduction? http://siduction.org/index.php
Running Fedora 19/20, siduction and openSUSE 13.1 with KDE
Thanks
I will experiment
I have a modem
00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) SMBus Controller (rev 01)
01:01.0 Communication controller: Conexant Systems, Inc. HSF 56k HSFi Modem (rev 01)
---------- Post added at 08:26 AM CST ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 AM CST ----------
Thanks
I will experiment
I have a modem
00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) SMBus Controller (rev 01)
01:01.0 Communication controller: Conexant Systems, Inc. HSF 56k HSFi Modem (rev 01)
You have a "winmodem", a.k.a. a "software" modem with a Conexant chipset.01:01.0 Communication controller: Conexant Systems, Inc. HSF 56k HSFi Modem (rev 01)
Not very informative. What driver? From where? Linuxant.com has pre-built kmod drivers for your modem, provided you're using 32-bit F11. They seem to have discontinued building kmods for F12. They also offer "generic" source code driver packages with which you can compile/build your own kmod driver. They also offer good instructions on their website on how to install, setup, and use the modem drivers they offer. Is this where you got your driver from?Install the modem driver
Be aware, with these modem drivers, you have to install/build a new one for every kernel update.
Did you download and run the scanmodem tool from the linmodem link I gave you in my previous post? It will tell you which driver you need to install.
Registered Linux User #348347
Have you been seduced by siduction? http://siduction.org/index.php
Running Fedora 19/20, siduction and openSUSE 13.1 with KDE