My first post so please be gentle.
I've been trying for a while now to get the Java browser plugin to work under Fedora, without much success. The issue itself is fairly simple so to brief it out:
- Getting blank box where system description should go when visiting http://www.java.com/en/download/testjava.jsp
to test Java browser functionaltiy
- Got java-1.6.0-openjdk-220.127.116.11-18.104.22.168.fc16.x86_64 installed (yum confirms latest version)
- Got icedtea-web-1.2-1.fc16.x86_64 installed (yum confirms latest version)
- Have enabled logging and debugging in IcedTea console however ~/.icedtea/log/ remains empty
- Firefox version is firefox-14.0.1-1.fc16.x86_64
So basically, it's stubbornly neither working nor error-logging - would be most appreciative if someone could lend a helping hand!
---------- Post added at 11:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 AM ----------
Never mind, found another post and its suggestion worked, e.g.:
[root@pc ~]# ln -s /usr/java/jre1.7.0_05/lib/amd64/libnpjp2.so /home/eniklasson/.mozilla/plugins/