<---- template headericclude ----->
some issues in f17
FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

some issues in f17

filling a bug in bugzilla is too complicated for me then i report some issues in fedora 17 beta RC3 (64bit) GNOME here.
    it is a thinkpad laptop with intel chips. system is updated.

1- clicking on "Activities" randomly restarts the gnome-shell (automatically).
    2- "service NetworkManager restart" in terminal makes gnome-shell restart.
    3- firefox doesn't show many videos in youtube or some flash movies on other web sites have not toolbar(flash 64 is installed).
    4- firewall-applet for firewalld is not installed by default and after installing doesn't show any notification.
    5- there is no firewall-config! i think it is GUI for firewalld...
    6- alacarte doesn't work as always.
    7- cpu governer ondemand is not a good default(at least for desktops) and why do you insist on it? up_threshold 95 doesn't work always and system becomes slow or hangs.
    8- i don't know is it power-manager or my hardware but connecting laptop to power makes system too slow!(bios is updated and power supply is new)

Colton, NY; Junction of Heaven & Earth (also Routes 56 & 68).
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: some issues in f17

Reporting it "here" is not a good place since the F17 Devs don't come here. So all you're doing is complaining without result. Seriously, if I can use bugzilla, then so can you! It's a PITA sometimes, but if you're a Beta tester, then it's something that you should be doing.
    Linux & Beer - That TOTALLY Computes!
    Registered Linux User #362651

Don't use any of my solutions on working computers or near small children.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Register at bugzilla.redhat.com
    For each issue you think is a bug, identify the package responsible, search in the Fedora component for the package and see if it's been reported already. If not, open a new bug report.

BTW, issue != bug . Some you have to search for fixes as may be some specific setup for your machine.
    Flash is not a Fedora issue.
    Last edited by secipolla; 5th April 2012 at 02:30 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

redhat bugzilla is complicated for normal users and it is another issue.
    i dont know what is a bug or what is an issue cuz i am just a user. we have many ways to do a job in linux and i think we have many ways to tell the developers an issue or bug, then i have wrote "here". your rules must be as linux world. isn't it?
    flash works in all operating systems and in fedora 16 as well but when it doesn't work in f17 then it is fedora issue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by compunix
    redhat bugzilla is complicated for normal users and it is another issue.
    i dont know what is a bug or what is an issue cuz i am just a user. we have many ways to do a job in linux and i think we have many ways to tell the developers an issue or bug, then i have wrote "here". your rules must be as linux world. isn't it?
    flash works in all operating systems and in fedora 16 as well but when it doesn't work in f17 then it is fedora issue.
    I agree - for many users, Bugzilla can be an information overload, but if you take a little while to get familiar with it, it is a good system that makes sure the developers get what information they need and are able to work collaboratively to solve the problem.

Bugzilla is the best and, really, only way to report bugs. The common chorus on these forums is "the devs aren't here." As these are unofficial forums, they don't target any bugs reported here. This place is for users to help other users (with great success in many cases).

Fedora does not ship with flash in its repositories. This is for a number of reasons, both philosophical and legal. It also does not make any claims implying that flash will work if installed, so in a sense you are installing it at your own risk. This is the same with other outside software, such as proprietary drivers or programs. If Fedora had to make sure that every outside program worked perfectly with each release, I doubt we'd see new versions much more frequently than we see new versions of Red Hat Enterprise.