<---- template headericclude ----->
Fc3 install completely nuked
FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fc3 install completely nuked

I wake up this afternoon and decide to boot Fedora, I go to the bathroom come back and I see that the boot has hung and it says configuring Kernel Parameters:

What can cause that sort of thing? This happens with each of the 2.6.9 kernels I have installed and my custom 2.6.8 Kernel.

Ps. I have to format anyway because of a bad gtk2 install.
    Ware wa mutekinari.
    Wa ga kage waza ni kanau mono nashi.
    Wa ga ichigeki wa mutekinari.

Please vote for this bug and help me make GAYT [Go As You Type ]a standard option in Firefox.

ieuuk Guest
    i had a similar problem with fc3 test 3 install... worked fine until i ran yum and it put a new version of kernel on and then it stopped working... but the old kernel worked fine.

heffe2001 Guest
    I had the same problems, was the Nvidia driver's module not loading, and the system trying to use the graphic boot. If you take that off the command that loads it in graphic mode (I actually can't remember the command, but it's right before the quiet command, and go to runlevel 3 (just tack a 3 on the end), you should be able to boot to a login prompt. Fix the nvidia module, and force it to load in your sysinit before the kernel parameters are set, and you should be good to go after that.

imdeemvp Guest
    about those nvidia drivers i think is the kernel....i hope fc3 doesnt become a pain from to many bugs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll try starting in terminal mode but I have an ati card. (didn't try to install the drivers either.) Hopefully I can get it to work just in case I run into this again with my fresh install, since I have to uninstall gtk2 which is equivalent to uninstalling fedora itself....sigh.
    Ware wa mutekinari.

Please vote for this bug and help me make GAYT [Go As You Type ]a standard option in Firefox.

ieuuk Guest
    i think the problem is that when you go to get updates you always download the latest and greatest development ones with yum which just make it a whole lot worse.... but then again what would be the point in testing it if nobody used the new stuff and it all worked smoothly

superbnerd Guest
    I have recently noticed this also. I just though it was because I my unusual partition config. What kernel does this happen on. Be thorough in your reply. I will report this as a bug and link ti this thread.

I notice the problem on kernel-2.6.8-1.624, but I haven't tested kernel-2.6.9-1.639 because I would have to recompile madwifi. Oh well, back to the choping block.

ieuuk Guest
    im having the problem on .624 and have gone back to .541 which is working fine but im running yum and will see what new goodies i have today

superbnerd Guest
    I just configured grub to boot into the new kernel and it worked like a charm.

imdeemvp Guest
    superb, tell this people if you did a clean isntall.....or did you create an extra partition for your fc3t3?

superbnerd Guest
    I actually had a spare partition, so its a clean install. I always leave enough space on the hdd for another OS just in case. I was originally planning to install IEOS on this partition, but I have found a better use

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it seems to do it with .639 and .640, and it also does it with my custom 2.6.8 Kernel...so I think its something I did or a program did since it does the same thing with all of them.
    Ware wa mutekinari.

superbnerd Guest
    I suugest you retrace your steps, and if you cannot find it to be your fault, file a bug report.

Where did you get the .640 release? I onlyhave the .639, which works.