Thanks, folks, you are of great help !
Three days later and 78 views after posting without ANY response, I figure it out:
1. Open a Nautilus (File Management) window - double-click on the Home folder. It doesn't matter if it displays the default listing or the browser.
2. Right-click on one of the listed folders (any folder will do).
3. Select "Properties". The folder Properties window opens, listing several (five in my version) tabs.
4. Select "Open With" tab. The tab reads: "Select an application to open <your folder> and other files of type "folder""
5. Select "Open Folder"
6. Click the "Close" button.
That's it !
I am posting my find in the hope it will be useful for those who encounter the same problem and same quiet answer.