Thanks to previous posters. Here are some additional comments and
scripts that might be of help.
Note: I use a 32-bit Fedora 12, firefox, and IcedTea6 1.7.1 java.
First of all, it might be good set the SELinux labels before running
mozilla-plugin-config. Without this, I got some error messages and a
link in /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins-wrapped. I don't know if this would
have worked or not, but after I fixed the SELinux labels and removed
the link, mozilla-plugin-config instead made a wrapped plugin in the
Second, the install script runs the ldconfig command. I am not very
familiar with this, but I guess it does not hurt to install missing
Eventually, I arrived at the following procedure.
1. Get Nexus Personal [NP] from https://install.bankid.com/
2. Unpack and cd to the resulting directory.
3. Check if any libraries are missing. If this is the case, I imagine
there should be errors from the ls command here (I got none):
ldd * 2> /dev/null | grep -Eo '/[^ ]*' | xargs ls -d 1> /dev/null
4. If you have a restrictive umask, don't forget to relax this.
For example, in the unpacked directory:
chmod a+r *; chmod a+x persadm personal.bin *.sh
5. As root, run ./install.188.8.131.52.sh i
You should get the 'Installation complete' message, but expect
warnings relating to firefox plugin links.
NP should appear in a menu, probably Applications - Other.
6. Find which files use text relocation. I wrote a script for this.
spottextrel () (
while [ $# -gt 0 ]; do
eu-readelf -d $1 2> /dev/null | fgrep -q TEXTREL && echo $1
In the unpacked directory: spottextrel *
Now set the SELinux labels to allow this. As I do not have a card
reader, I just used the three lines from previous posts. As root:
chcon -t textrel_shlib_t '/usr/local/lib/personal/libai.so'
chcon -t textrel_shlib_t '/usr/local/lib/personal/libP11.so'
chcon -t textrel_shlib_t '/usr/local/lib/personal/libplugins.so'
You can see the result with ls -Z.
7. Manually add the firefox plugin. As root
ln -s /usr/local/lib/personal/libplugins.so /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins
mozilla-plugin-config -v -i
8. Restart firefox and go to 'about
: plugins' (remove the space). NP should be listed.
9. Test your installation by directing firefox to https://install.bankid.com
NP should pop up, and the web page should say OK.
10. Get a BankID at your bank. The procedure at Skandiabanken was a
bit unstable. I had to remove the file .personal-<username> and
try a couple of times before it worked. After entering my password
(several times, as noted before), the BankID appeared in the ~/cbt
directory. Then, when I tried to login, Skandiabanken told me to
get a BankID! Eventually I got in. Perhaps I restarted firefox,
which may have helped, because it cleares all my cookies.