Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 15th July 2017, 03:16 PM
Dr Nukular Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Fedora 26 icons

Is it just me or does anyone else also find some of the new icons in Fedora 26 awful? Most of the new icons are quite okay, maybe a little bit too light, such as folder and text icons. Then you have the music icons which are completely diametrical and don't fit into the overall design. That icon is toxically green. It just stands out too much.

Is the old icon set still available or was it replaced during the upgrade? If so, where do I find the old ones?

---
Attached Images

Last edited by Dr Nukular; 15th July 2017 at 03:21 PM.
Old 15th July 2017, 03:39 PM
antikythera Offline
Administrator

linuxchrome
Re: Fedora 26 icons

which desktop are you using? they do look bleached.

anyhow, Fedora icons are available still, as are GNOME. you may need to install the GNOME ones from the fedora repositories though.

I personally use arc icons at the moment for both CentOS and Fedora. They aren't packaged though and need compiling from source.
Old 15th July 2017, 05:15 PM
Dr Nukular Offline

linuxfedorafirefox

Quote:
Originally Posted by antikythera View Post
which desktop are you using? they do look bleached.

anyhow, Fedora icons are available still, as are GNOME. you may need to install the GNOME ones from the fedora repositories though.

I personally use arc icons at the moment for both CentOS and Fedora. They aren't packaged though and need compiling from source.
I completely agree, they look bleached. I'm using GNOME as a desktop. How do I install just the icons from a repository?

---------- Post added at 04:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 PM ----------

I just found that one:

https://rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/s...ome-icon-theme
Old 15th July 2017, 05:45 PM
antikythera Offline
Administrator

linuxchrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Nukular View Post
I completely agree, they look bleached. I'm using GNOME as a desktop. How do I install just the icons from a repository?
as per any other package but you'll probably need to use gnome-tweak-tool to apply them after.

I'm not an expert on gnome configuration but I don't recall any other way to change the icons other than gsettings which is a faff.

for the classic look, try gnome-colors-icon-theme.
Old 19th July 2017, 09:46 PM
tyuatsu Offline

linuxfedorachrome

to config gnome-tweak-tool, follow these steps:

dnf install gnome-tweak-tool
dnf install fedora-icon-theme

alt+F2 and execute: gnome-tweak-tool

goto: Appearance > Icons > Fedora

Tags
fedora, icons