Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 13th September 2017, 08:54 PM
bluezImage Online

linuxfedorachrome
System boot hangs after upgrade from Fedora 25 to 26

Hello all,

I just completed upgrading my system from ver. 25 to 26 using the command line method. Everything appeared to go well until I reached the end of the verification phase. There the process appeared to hang. I waited several minutes and nothing happened so I (foolishly) manually rebooted. Now when the system boots it runs until the Fedora icon fills then the status screen displays showing the boot process hanging up at various points. This happens even when I try to start a Fedora 25 instance or the Fedora 25 Rescue from the boot menu.

Has anyone else experienced this issue. Can anyone suggest how I might recover from this?

Thanks.
Old 13th September 2017, 09:26 PM
lightman47 Online

linuxfirefox
Re: System boot hangs after upgrade from Fedora 25 to 26

Lacking further details - were you previously running, for instance, a proprietary video driver? If so, you'll need to re-install it every time the kernel changes/updates.

- just guessing and may not be the issue at all -

Tags
boot, fedora, hangs, upgrade