Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 22nd June 2009, 11:52 PM
jimb417 Offline

Madwifi drivers compile problem on F11 laptop

I have a Toshiba Sattelite laptop with an Atheros chipset. I downloaded the madwifi-0.9.4 tarball. I tried compiling it but got several error messages about functions in the file if_ath.c not having a member called "priv". There is no madwifi rpms in the repositories for F11. Does anyone know what's wrong here or where I can get the rpms for this. Thanks for any help.

Jim
Old 23rd June 2009, 02:12 AM
scottro Offline
Retired Community Manager -- Banned from Texas by popular demand.

If it's the Atheros 242x card, you actually shouldn't need the MadWifi drivers any longer--the ath5k module works quite well.
I haven't compiled it in quite awhile, so I'm afraid I can't give much more help.
Old 24th June 2009, 01:37 AM
jimb417 Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottro View Post
If it's the Atheros 242x card, you actually shouldn't need the MadWifi drivers any longer--the ath5k module works quite well.
I haven't compiled it in quite awhile, so I'm afraid I can't give much more help.
The wifi is built into the laptop. I don't know the type of hardware it is. just that it doesn't work in F11. I had madwifi rpms with F10 and was able to use wifi. Thanks for your input though.
Jim
Old 24th June 2009, 02:44 AM
scottro Offline
Retired Community Manager -- Banned from Texas by popular demand.

You can see how Linux sees the card by running the command lspci

Towards the end, usually in the last three lines or so, it will give the Atheros model.

I'm not sure what the status is with he rpmfusion madwifi rpms, I'm afraid.

I have fairly complete and hopefully, easy to follow instructions for getting and compiling modules, but it's really only for one specific card.

Tags
compile , drivers , f11 , laptop , madwifi , problem