Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 18th January 2015, 02:00 AM
wolfred Offline

linuxchrome
Issue connecting to l2tp VPN with NetworkManager

Hello, I am trying to connect to a VPN with Fedora 21 x64 using NetworkManager-l2tp. It used to work before but now it stopped. I am able to connect to the VPN with my phone so I know its not the VPN service. When I look at journalcrt I get a message
localhost.localdomain pluto[5970]: no secrets filename matched "/etc/ipsec.d/*.secrets"
So I went back into NetworkManager and removed and added the VPN information, but when I put in the pre-shared key word and hit ok I get an error in journalcrt
localhost.localdomain org.gnome.ControlCenter.SearchProvider[2787]: (gnome-control-center:5331): libnm-util-CRITICAL **: nm_setting_vpn_add_data_item: assertion 'strlen (item) > 0' failed

I would appreciate any suggestions. The only thing I can think of that changed was I installed Cinnamon and Xfce to try them out and then removed them and started using Gnome3 again. I did yum reinstall gnome-desktop3 networkmanager-l2tp and some other things just in case something was removed but still no luck. I also disabled selinux just to try it out and still not working.
Old 21st January 2015, 04:02 PM
wolfred Offline

I installed a fresh copy of Fedora 20 in a VM and was able to connect to the VPN, after I did yum update and rebooted it stopped working. I did another fresh install and just did yum upgrade NetworkManager-l2tp and that alone stoped the VPN from working.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Last edited by wolfred; 21st January 2015 at 05:31 PM. Reason: grammer mistakes
Old 3rd June 2016, 06:16 AM
solo2101 Offline

linuxfedorachrome
Re: Issue connecting to l2tp VPN with NetworkManager

did you ever find an answer? i am still looking for a way to connect to a l2tp/ipsec vpn via the NetworkManager.

Tags
connecting , l2tp , networkmanager , vpn