Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 7th March 2017, 12:09 AM
rokcrawla Offline

linuxfedorachrome
Installer Hanging at Language Selection

The other day my machine with Fedora 25 Workstation crashed hard and booted to single user mode when I tried to start it again. journalctl was telling me to manually run fsck, so I used the live-usb to run

fsck -f /dev/md125

it found a couple problems and I let it correct them, but the next boot attempt had the same outcome. At this point it seemed easier to just re-install so I tried.

Each time, it just hangs at the language selection. A Google search turned up someone suggesting to select the 'try it' option and then activities -> install, so I tried that too. I also tried the net installer. Each time with the same result.

I don't care about any of the contents on the root partition, so the choice of repairing the filesystem vs reinstall just boils down to whatever is easier.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Josh

Last edited by rokcrawla; 7th March 2017 at 12:16 AM.
Old 14th March 2017, 03:43 PM
Tsingi Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Re: Installer Hanging at Language Selection

I'm having the same problem. I see you got no replies, did you resolve the issue?

I've tried installing from two different media and I get the same thing.
Old 14th March 2017, 04:44 PM
bobx001 Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Re: Installer Hanging at Language Selection

I have seen this trying to install FC24 (haven't tried 25) on a mini PC RKM26s (Rikomagic), which has the hard disk actually appear as /dev/mmcblk..... (memory card) . 1. Could not finish install, god stuck, 2. finally installed, then was missing files in /etc , ..... on and on. Tried at least 10 different versions and spins, unfortunately unable to test 32bit due to the UEFI boot, which cannot be unconfigured in that machine.

So I finally gave up and installed Debian, which seems to work perfect, but of course, with 2 year old stuff compared to Fedora. However I only need it to stay alive using 5 watts in my Summer house, so I can monitor cameras etc.

I am a Fedora fan,but it certainly does not like some hardware.

Tags
hanging , installer , language , selection