Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 18th April 2014, 05:15 PM
Monkiko Offline

linuxfirefox
Entry on boot selection screen not working

Hello, I am new to Linux so please forgive me for not using proper terminology. I have a desktop that is dual booting Windows 7 Professional and Fedora 20. After a fresh install from a DVD, I ran yum update (happens after I updated software from the Software Update utility when I installed Fedora 20 the first time). After that completed and I restarted my computer to work on my Win 7, I noticed a new entry on my boot selection screen that would run by default unless I manually made my selection.
The issue I am running into is that this entry will not successfully boot and will restart in a continuous cycle if left alone (i.e. I turn computer on to boot while I get something to eat). I was wondering why this might happen and if this is a common occurance on Fedora 20 as I have not run across this problem when I previously ran Ubuntu 13.10 as dual-boot on the same computer.

The entry that is working is vmlinuz-3.11.10-301.fc20.x86_64
The entry that is NOT working is vmlinuz-3.13.9-200.fc20.x86_64

Any explanation would be appreciated as well as any suggestions of how to change the boot order

Thank you.

Tags
boot , entry , screen , selection , working