Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 18th July 2011, 07:04 PM
latreides Offline

linuxchrome
Where is the update notifier?

I am running F15 (GNOME 3) and everyday I have to manually run the "Software Update" to check if I have updates.

Where is the update notifier that normally sits in the task bar informing you of any updates? There is not one on my top task bar, or the bottom notifier bar.
Old 18th July 2011, 07:22 PM
Smoking Tux Offline

linuxmidori
Re: Where is the update notifier?

Maybe this post could be helpful. However it's only a guess because on my systems all the packagekit-nonsense is disabled/removed.
Old 18th July 2011, 07:30 PM
latreides Offline

linuxchrome

Unfortunately PackageKit-yum-plugin is installed and 'active' is already set to enabled.

Any other ideas?
Old 18th July 2011, 08:52 PM
cambam247 Offline

linuxfirefox

You will notice down in the right hand corner that if there are updates available there will be a icon in that corner letting you know there are updates ready to install ....Cant recall if I had checked auto update anytime I just noticed that these updates in the corner one day and wait for them now instead of manually updateing everyday...

Last edited by cambam247; 18th July 2011 at 08:56 PM.
Old 18th July 2011, 08:57 PM
latreides Offline

linuxchrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by cambam247 View Post
You will notice down in the right hand corner that if there are updates available there will be a icon in that corner letting you know there are updates ready to install ....
Actually the point of the topic is that I do not notice this icon. It does not show up on my system and I am wondering why. I can go to the update app and see that I have updates manually and install them, as I do all the time, however there is no notification on either top or bottom bar.
Old 18th July 2011, 09:13 PM
cambam247 Offline

linuxfirefox

have you tried Software Updates Preferences under the other tab in applications? kind of looks like a orange star with a arrow pointing up...
Old 18th July 2011, 09:15 PM
latreides Offline

linuxchrome

Yes I have tried that unfortunately there are no options to enable the notification icon (just to choose how/when you update)
Old 18th July 2011, 09:20 PM
cambam247 Offline

linuxfirefox

sorry cant help I have know idea how I got that icon to work Im always changing crap on my laptop most of the time I have no clue what Im doing just following the masses of newbees and pickin up advice here and on the net .... GL

Tags
notifier, update