Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 9th September 2017, 04:13 PM
masikhwa Offline

windows_7chrome
RHEL 7.1 using iso image

Good day TEAM

I'm new to this environment but have a unix background and I know you will forgive me. I need to re-install RHEL using iso image from my notebook. This is because the system cannot boot up. When I try to do re-installation to this server, it just goes into dracut mode. How can I re-install this system without going into the system or is there other means to work on this dracut to make the system to be up normally?
Old 10th September 2017, 04:23 AM
donatom Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Re: RHEL 7.1 using iso image

I am not that familiar with Red Hat, but are you using an install iso? Fedora, a bleeding-edge version of Red Hat, currently is having problems with anaconda (there are several bugs filed against Fedora 26), but I doubt that that would be the case with Red Hat which is a much more stable OS -- although Fedora can be stable for many.

I would try to get an install iso -- in case you don't have one yet -- and reinstall Red Hat from that.

Tags
image, iso, rhel