Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center

Go Back   FedoraForum.org > The Dungeon > Archived (Click Header To See Sub-Forums) > F26 Development Forum
FedoraForum Search

Forgot Password? Join Us!

F26 Development Forum F26 Development Forum Pretty much exactly what it sounds like it is. This is the place to discuss and assist in the community development of F26. WARNING: Any pre-release versions, Beta included, are for experienced testers only. Back up all existing data and read all threads in the version Development Forum before attempting an install. Errors can and will likely occur which may include data destruction or inability to boot other partitions on any and possibly all attached hard drives. While FedoraProject needs and appreciates testers, you must remember to report issues directly to Bugzilla, after checking for pre-existing bugs.

Old 14th June 2017, 03:47 PM
lsatenstein Online

linuxfedorafirefox
beta1-4 4+ versions tested with pretty good results

I tested the live-iso, the network install iso (and everything ISO).
I also found the Russian Fedora beta1-4 and as well tested the live ISO and the Beta ISO.

With all tests, I learned a while back, and with a reminder from Antikythera to be sure to run

sudo dnf distro-sync

With distro-sync around 600 update steps were executed. The end result was a very nice clean version.
Nevertheless, I did create 3 bug reports for Fedora26 beta.

Testing the Russian versions was fun. Their versions boots in Russian, However, manouvering to "Region and Language" icon and experimenting therein, I was able to change the installation and all interfaces to English. This version includes rpmfusion and some extra software that is FOSS, (eg, tweaktool, Grub configurator, etc). Aside from branding, there is no perceptible difference between the Russian and American Fedora 26 Beta1-4 versions.

With the Fedora version.
Well, today (15June), I ran sudo dnf install gnome*tweak* (I installed the tweak tool)
when I click on the tweak-tool icon, it shows starting, and then dies.

By the way, it works with the Russian Fedora26 beta1-4

Interesting web sites list
http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showth...40#post1697840

Last edited by lsatenstein; 16th June 2017 at 12:45 AM.
Old 14th June 2017, 05:30 PM
nobody Offline

windows_98_nt_2000chrome
Question Re: beta1-4 4+ versions tested with pretty good results

The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.

Pretty good results, I should say!

_nobody_
Old 19th June 2017, 07:35 PM
lsatenstein Online

linuxfedorafirefox
Re: beta1-4 4+ versions tested with pretty good results

Some additional test results. I was installing Gnome extensions and ran into bizzare problems
For on extension, using FF version 54. I stayed on that page, within a minute or two the system would lock up. I think that the page was presenting new images, without returning memory to FF.

Following good advice on how to preserve SSD life, I formatted the SSD with btrfs. Actually any file system that does not do journalling would be useful. BTRFS does COW which reduces the I/O to the SSD when compared to ext4.

And some Gnome extensions seem to fail if the host file system is btrfs

I've contacted the author, gave lots of examples, and am now awaiting a response.
I am not sure that this problem is acceptable as a F26 bug . With F25, I was am not using btrfs.

Interesting web sites list
http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showth...40#post1697840

Tags
beta14, good, pretty, results, tested, versions