Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 16th July 2017, 03:28 PM
A7TXC Offline

macossafari
F26 Live CD / issues

Hi,

I just wanted to give Fedora a try but I am currently a stuck because the GUI installation unfortunately responds to mouse/keyboard input with a unusual long delay.
For example, moving the mouse a short distance takes between 2 and 6 seconds until the physical input results in a result on the screen.

The effect is a little bit diminished after disconnecting my second monitor, but I still cannot finish the installation.

Interestingly, the effect seems to be depended on some sub part of the GUI.
For example, after booting of the live system, a desktop wallpaper with a single window is shown. The window consists of two buttons: "Try fedora" and "install to disk" and does not cover the complete desktop.
While moving the mouse cursor around the window, it behaves usual and smooth, however, when moving the cursor inside the mentioned window, the cursors movement is delayed and laggy, until the cursors leaves the window, where its behaviour returns to normal.

My hardware is not slow by any means, but if I should post it anyways, please do not hesitate to ask.
Old 16th July 2017, 10:27 PM
antikythera Offline
Administrator

linuxfedorafirefox
Re: F26 Live CD / issues

please post your hardware specifications and which Fedora ISO you are trying to use.
Old 17th July 2017, 05:56 PM
A7TXC Offline

macossafari
Re: F26 Live CD / issues

ISO: Fedora-Workstation-Live-x86_64-26-1.5.iso
Hardware:

Intel Skylake CPU
Nvidia Pascal GPU
16 GiB RAM

After some research, it seems to me that this issue is related to Wayland + Pascal + Open Source Nvidia drivers.

Is there some way to get / create a F26 image with the Nvidia proprietary driver?

Tags
f26 , issues , live