Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 12th March 2017, 07:21 PM
yellowsubmarine Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
instagram

Hi,

Just a few questions about instagram for those of you that use it.

1. can yu have any made up accout name such as a nick name and not your real name?

2. if you do eventually make a facbook account can this be a seperate name to the instragram one?

3. does it log your ip address and check other account users you visit and give them 'suggestions' that they might want to contact your or view your profile since you were a regular visitor to them?

Thanks,
Old 12th March 2017, 11:14 PM
antikythera Offline
Administrator

linuxchrome
Re: instagram

Hi, respectfully I suggest you read the Instagram help center (their spelling) page about privacy and safety. it details controlling visibility, good posting practice etc. to keep yourself as safe as possible. as for user ID etc. you can click through to other sections and learn about that too.

https://help.instagram.com/285881641526716/

I don't personally use Instagram or any other form of social media these days. I used to have a Google+ profile and over 250k following me for my Cars and Motorsport content. Although Google asked me to join their Creator Program because of this and the quality of my collections I declined. It got to the point it was a laborious task coming up with fresh content, not just blanket re-sharing which a lot of people tried with my stuff and got abusive when I disabled it in the end, dealing with posts from idiots, reporting spam etc. so I jacked it in entirely and deleted the contents and my profile.
Old 19th March 2017, 04:34 PM
yellowsubmarine Offline

linuxfedorafirefox

The way I read this you can go ahead and create an account using your email address and not need a facebook account, however, I can see lots of people discussing how to have multiple instagram accounts connected to one facebook account, so presumably you can have separate profiles. Where as far as I ware aware your not supposed to create two facebook accounts?

https://help.instagram.com/164205326...elpref=hc_fnav
Old 26th March 2017, 05:30 PM
luska Offline

windows_98_nt_2000chrome

In my opinion to protect privacy is not to use Insta or FB. Maybe I am old-fashioned or sth but I do not get the idea of sharing your life online