Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 10th July 2016, 12:42 PM
shmouftler Offline

linuxfirefox
Plasma 5

You should know I'm a diehard to KDE, and I hate GNOME!
I started substitution of Windows a two years ago, at first - as reasonable for (to be seen relatively) unixoid newbies - having worked on Debian (Ubuntu included) derived systems, just to more and more tend to rpm-based distros. Meantime, I may be proud of and happy for having even destroyed the last MS system (Server 2008 R2) held on my machines - lastly (when openSUSE at second and third look had revealed as yet too quirky) finding myself well arrived at Fedora:
Though favouring GNOME Fedora lets the manual upgrade to kde-desktop-environment always practiced by me work best! From Plasma 5.5 to 5.6 so many distros seem having a lot of problems with handling it. So me, I was particularly struggling through wrong resolution settings on multiple monitors at desktop startup I often had to solve by using a specially upset bash file calling xrandr, and I was forced to give up SUSE because of it even had my main monitor's backlight malfunction!
The essential message, however, I want to give you herein is my experience that Fedora 25 Rawhide I installed three or four days ago (as a version info for your administrators and developers) has simply been working perfectly - even farly better than fc24, including all of my proprietarily driven periphery (a Canon colour laser only accepting UFRII printer language, an Epson Photo Scanner and an Eaton Ellipse UPS), the Java managing tool needed for online handling my SAS-RAID (Promise WebPAMPRO) and huge packages of multimedia and graphics software! So I want to truly compliment the Fedora team on having perfectly integrated Plasma 5.7 in their factory - I like it very much having made it my declared main OS now ...
Old 14th July 2016, 08:16 AM
bob Online
Administrator (yeah, back again)

Location: Colton, NY; Junction of Heaven & Earth (also Routes 56 & 68).
linuxfedorafirefox
Re: Plasma 5

moved to Rawhide.
Registered Linux User #362651

Don't use any of my solutions on working computers or near small children.

Tags
plasma