Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 10th February 2017, 09:56 AM
MAlgol Offline

windows_98_nt_2000chrome
Problem installing on an old MacBook (MacOS 10.5.8)

Hi.
I'm trying to install Fedora on my very old MacBook in an attempt to bring some life back to it since I can't upgrade MacOS and therefore cant upgrade browsers to watch youtube or instal anything new.

I have tried a few different linux, freebds and lubuntu, but none of the guides to make a bootable usb has worked and a friend said I should try Fedora or Debian.

The problem I have now is that the USB seems to be a good one, or at least I can connect it to my Mac and read from it. (All other try have ended up with a usb that mac cant read.)

When I try to boot up and pressing Alt to enter the boot menu on mac, all I get is a white screen. Not sure what to do now. What can be wrong?

cheers,
MAlgol
Old 10th February 2017, 12:08 PM
bob Online
Administrator (yeah, back again)

Location: Colton, NY; Junction of Heaven & Earth (also Routes 56 & 68).
linuxubuntuchrome
Re: Problem installing on an old MacBook (MacOS 10.5.8)

Moved to Mac Chat
Registered Linux User #362651

Don't use any of my solutions on working computers or near small children.

Tags
installing, macbook, macos, problem