Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center

Go Back   FedoraForum.org > The Dungeon > Archived (Click Header To See Sub-Forums) > F24 Development Forum
FedoraForum Search

Forgot Password? Join Us!

F24 Development Forum F24 Development Forum Pretty much exactly what it sounds like it is. This is the place to discuss and assist in the community development of F24. WARNING: Any pre-release versions, Beta included, are for experienced testers only. Back up all existing data and read all threads in the version Development Forum before attempting an install. Errors can and will likely occur which may include data destruction or inability to boot other partitions on any and possibly all attached hard drives. While FedoraProject needs and appreciates testers, you must remember to report issues directly to Bugzilla, after checking for pre-existing bugs.

Old 20th June 2016, 05:52 PM
joncr Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Anaconda Crashing Here in Latest Nightlies

Should I expect Anaconda to be failing with the latest nightly composes?

XFCE live images and everything-netinst images from 15 and 16 June fail here when I enter a new hostname in Anaconda. I.e., when I change localhost.localdomain. Clicking the back button at that point does not produce a response. After a minute or so, a crash notice appears.

Same behavior with the 17 June XFCE live F23 respin.

When I didn't change the hostname and left the network setting button in the hub untouched, the "...probing storage" message was displayed for about 10 minutes before it "found" the drives. That's never happened in installs here. After that the install went per normal.

No wifi hardware in this machine, just wired ethernet.

It's not clear to me if the DNF "logging" function freeze exception is related to this.
Old 20th June 2016, 06:42 PM
antikythera Offline
Administrator

linuxfedorafirefox
Re: Anaconda Crashing Here in Latest Nightlies

I've just installed F23 MATE-Compiz x86_64 using the 17th June 2016 LIVE respin burnt to DVD+R and was able to change hostname without any problems.

no storage probing delays either so I was surprised when I read your post.

have you got a multiple drives with several partitions connected?
Old 20th June 2016, 09:24 PM
lsatenstein Online

linuxfedorafirefox

Quote:
Originally Posted by joncr View Post
Should I expect Anaconda to be failing with the latest nightly composes?

XFCE live images and everything-netinst images from 15 and 16 June fail here when I enter a new hostname in Anaconda. I.e., when I change localhost.localdomain. Clicking the back button at that point does not produce a response. After a minute or so, a crash notice appears.

Same behavior with the 17 June XFCE live F23 respin.

When I didn't change the hostname and left the network setting button in the hub untouched, the "...probing storage" message was displayed for about 10 minutes before it "found" the drives. That's never happened in installs here. After that the install went per normal.

No wifi hardware in this machine, just wired ethernet.

It's not clear to me if the DNF "logging" function freeze exception is related to this.
Hi John

The only known clean versions are those dated 14 June.

https://www.happyassassin.net/nightlies.html

And while it does not stipulate so, that kernel and anaconda version are the ones coming tomorrow.

This is my dl script. The DIR is where the ISOs are stored.

Code:
#!/bin/bash
D=20160614
DIR=https://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org/compose/branched/Fedora-24-$D.n.0/compose/Workstation/x86_64/iso/
wget -c $DIR/Fedora-Workstation-netinst-x86_64-24-$D.n.0.iso
wget -c $DIR/Fedora-Workstation-Live-x86_64-24-$D.n.0.iso
wget -c $DIR/Fedora-Workstation-24-$D.n.0-x86_64-CHECKSUM   
wget -c $DIR/Fedora-Workstation-netinst-x86_64-24-$D.n.0.iso.manifest
#
sha256sum -c *-CHECKSUM

Interesting web sites list
http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showth...40#post1697840

Last edited by DBelton; 21st June 2016 at 03:58 AM. Reason: removed larger font codes
Old 21st June 2016, 03:58 AM
DBelton Offline
Administrator

linuxfedorafirefox

Oh geez Leslie.. I thought you knew better than to post in larger fonts

Just for reference, from the Fedora posting rules (link at the top of the page)

Quote:
13). Use the default font type, size, color, and justification in posts.
There are various font types, sizes, colors and other options available for the text in posts. However, the default font type, color, size, and justification should be used for all routine post text. Use other font types, colors, and sizes sparingly and only when needed for emphasis or special formatting circumstances. Using non-default font attributes routinely or capriciously will not be allowed. Staff members may edit such posts and issue a warning to stop the practice.

Tags
anaconda, crashing, latest, nightlies