Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 20th August 2005, 08:53 PM
Kingtu Offline

poor sound quality

I have a hercules game theater xp and am using the alsa drivers for it in FC3 but I get horible sound quality. It is very high in treble and there is no base plus lots of distortion. Any ideas how to fix the probleam. The strange thing is it sounds ok when listening to everything using headphones but when I switch to my surround sound speakers it sound awful and I know the speakers aren't blown because they work fine in winblows!
Old 20th August 2005, 09:09 PM
bytesniper Offline

i had the same problem with a much different sound card but the solution may be the same or at least worth a shot.

run alsamixer from a terminal as root and mute the headphone control (and associated headphone volumes if it allows) and unmute the others (PCM, Line, etc). I also had to mute a couple of 3D controller options. May take a bit of messing around with... it took a while for me to get mine sounding good.

Hope that helps,
Joseph
Old 21st August 2005, 06:08 AM
Kingtu Offline

I'll give it a try. Thanks for the suggestions

Tags
poor , quality , sound