Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 28th November 2016, 02:07 AM
pccobbler Offline

linuxfirefox
Flatpack flatlined and VLC disavowed

I downloaded Cinnamon and Workstation versions of 25. One thing that is important for me is the playing of WMA lossless files, as that is how I rip my personal CDs (MP3 does not have the same quality). Flatpack looked like an alternative solution to VLC, one of the few players which will play WMA lossless files. I double-clicked on a WMA lossless file, the Flatpack dialog appeared asking if I wanted to install the codec, and I selected Yes/Okay, but the dialog stayed there. No codec was installed and no music played. Then I tried to install VLC as per VLC's instructions (https://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-fedora.html), but when I executed "dnf install vlc," I received an error telling me that either the key or the repository referred to 24, with the installation failing at that point. I went back to 24 to allow things to settle out.
Old 28th November 2016, 09:56 AM
antikythera Offline
Administrator

linuxchrome
Re: Flatpack flatlined and VLC disavowed

Hi, re-installing the rpmfusion repositories should fix the key issue preventing VCL installation
Old 1st December 2016, 03:18 AM
pccobbler Offline

linuxfedorafirefox

Thanks for the reply. However, when I reinstalled 25 Cinnamon, after I clicked on the LiveUpdate login (or whatever it is called), the system froze. I'll stick with 24 for now.
Old 9th January 2017, 04:08 AM
pccobbler Offline

windows_7firefox

I returned to VLC after letting some time pass, hoping that updates would resolve the problem. I wiped the drive, installed F-25 Cinnamon, did "dnf update" in the console, rebooted, logged on, and executed the rpm and install commands in a terminal. However, I received the same error -- "Import of key(s) didn't help, wrong key(s)?" -- as before. Trying the commands again changed nothing. I guess I'll use Korora, as it includes VLC.

Tags
flatpack, lossless, vlc, wma