Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 17th July 2017, 05:40 AM
lsatenstein Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
What did you find broken in F26?

I have a few items
left-alt +key to left of [1] ` pops up a window. It should be a dead-key

One of my favourite extensions Taskbar by Zpyer does not work and crashes Linux if /home is resident on a btrfs formatted partition. Linux crashes because the keyboard is lost. On reboot, the system wants to run distribution "awesome". Probably other extensions (that I do not use) may cause the same problem.
Resolution -- remove $HOME/.local/share/gnome-shell/extensions/TaskBar@zpydr

The Gnome setup to allow finding the mouse pointer by depressing the left control key is not working.

I will add to this or if you have other items re Fedora26, just post a reply,

Interesting web sites list
http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showth...40#post1697840
Old 17th July 2017, 12:31 PM
smr54 Online

linuxfirefox
Re: What did you find broken in F26?

Worked just fine for me. I install the minimal, then add X and use dwm or openbox and don't use NetworkManager. Avoiding Gnome and NetworkManager has helped me avoid the vast majority of problems I see on these forums.
Old 17th July 2017, 01:31 PM
nsnbm Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Re: What did you find broken in F26?

Two problems on an lxde install. Although lxde is installed, these machines are used by booting to a prompt and then using only a window manager, in this case twm.

Problem 1: When using the dvdrom drive to mount a cdrom, in this case, a music cd to rip some tracks onto the hard drive, after a couple of opening and closings of the dvdrom drawer, the /dev/cdrom disappears from the /dev directory and the eject command no longer works to open and shut the drawer. Trying to use the /lib/udev/rules.d/60-cdrom_id.rules file in the /etc/udev/rules.d/ directory failed to stop the loss of the /dev/cdrom file. I had used this method of configuring in the /etc directory successfully in f25, but it doesn't work on two machines with f26. So the user has had to use the hardware button to open and shut the drawer.

Problem 2: On a local network 192.168.0.0 I have a number of machines where a couple will not start the local network on boot, whereas others do start it despite using identical configurations for identical ethernet cards in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts. The network runs network.service and Networkmanager is disabled. I have to start the local network on the machines that won't start it onboot with a couple of ip commands in a script, which is not a problem, but the explanation is not apparent to me. Of course the configs include the onboot variable, but that hasn't had the intended effect.

Neither problem is insurmountable.

Tags
broken, f26