Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 21st December 2007, 05:50 AM
rileym3 Offline

Exclamation rpmlint spews LOTS of errors!!

Greetings!
I maintain a local Fedora mirror for my private LAN, and took the liberty of writing a script I call checkrpm to save the output of rpmlint under /var/log/checkrpm. Checkrpm runs rpmlint on all the files in a given folder, saving the results for future viewing. I am including a link to the checkrpm program below:

CheckRPM (The Program)

Sorry I don't have time to roll an RPM right now =)

Anyway, the output I received was astounding to say the least! One of the most frequent listings was "Invalid License: GPL". Interesting. At the time of this post, checkrpm is still parsing my local mirror in the releases/8 directory, for both I386 and x86_64. As soon as those two runs are finished, I'll be running checkrpm on the updates/8 directory for both arches, and the output will be saved for viewing at the URL below:

CheckRPM Logfiles (Generated Daily)

If the link above does not work, then I'm not done with the first run of checkrpm...just wait a couple of hours and it should work =)

I think we may just need to tidy up the rpmlint ruleset a bit, but that's just my guess at this point....

Regards,
Riley

Last edited by rileym3; 21st December 2007 at 07:15 AM.
Old 12th February 2008, 05:49 AM
rileym3 Offline

I chose to merge my CheckRPM script into my MirrorMan project that I've been working on. I'll try to see how soon I can finish it, as it still has a few minor bugs. Right now, my priorities are to finish getting iFolder ready for Fedora 9 in time for the March 4 deadline, plus several other packages, such as phpSysInfo-3.0(currently in rc4 stage), phpBB, and MAYBE TrueCrypt - provided it's not patent/copyright encumbered, has compatible licensing, and doesn't use forbidden encryption schemes.

My guess is that MirrorMan 0.99 will be ready by the end of March, 2008.

The links above don't work anymore , AFAIK.

Riley
Old 12th February 2008, 05:52 AM
rileym3 Offline

FYI,
the CheckRPM program link works...it's the daily logfiles link that's not working, due to the fact that I haven't finished debugging everything yet.

Riley

Tags
errors , lots , rpmlint , spews