Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 23rd August 2016, 11:07 PM
Madtiger Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Thumbs up FedoraForum Class 2016

I would like to personally thank each and every one of you who spend your time on the forums helping users figure out problems. I notice that a lot of people never say thank you even after you help them fix the problem they are having. Once I discovered this forum I started a Libre Office Document to take notes on. Since that day I have visited this forum almost every single day to read the forum and take notes on solutions and commands. My document is now many many pages and has saved me countless hours of research on the web. So for all of you who don't get thanked enough, thank you! I hope to continue to be a part of this forum for a very long time. I hope some day to be able to help more people than I currently can but that is down the road with more notes.

Thank You

David
Old 23rd August 2016, 11:55 PM
ocratato Offline

linuxfirefox
Re: FedoraForum Class 2016

Thanks for taking the time to say that.

Linux, and this forum, have given me a lot of pleasure over the years, so I try to offer a little help in return where I think I can.
Old 24th August 2016, 12:27 AM
Madtiger Offline

linuxfedorafirefox

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocratato View Post
Thanks for taking the time to say that.

Linux, and this forum, have given me a lot of pleasure over the years, so I try to offer a little help in return where I think I can.
It's attitudes like yours that make this forum work. And your more than welcome!
Old 24th August 2016, 12:35 AM
nonamedotc Offline
Mithrandir

linuxchrome

Thanks for the kind words.

In fact, I have learnt a heck of lot of new tricks and commands when searching for issues that come up in the forum on a day-to-day basis! In my case, forum participation has been mutually beneficial ...

The Linux Documentation Project | Fedora Documentation
Old 24th August 2016, 02:29 AM
antikythera Offline
Administrator

windows_7chrome

Thanks for the thought MadTiger.

This forum is part of the reason I like using Fedora as it helps a lot having it as a valuable support resource even if it is unofficial.

People here generally aren't as condescending and rude to inexperienced users or assuming posters are thick as I've noticed elsewhere over the years. That should be acknowledged just as much if not more in my view as the method of delivery matters a heck of a lot.

So while I try and pass on what I've learnt, I usually learn just as much from other people's questions and answers too.
Old 24th August 2016, 02:37 AM
Madtiger Offline

linuxfedorafirefox

Quote:
Originally Posted by antikythera View Post
Thanks for the thought MadTiger.

This forum is part of the reason I like using Fedora as it helps a lot having it as a valuable support resource even if it is unofficial.

People here generally aren't as condescending and rude to inexperienced users or assuming posters are thick as I've noticed elsewhere over the years. That should be acknowledged just as much if not more in my view as the method of delivery matters a heck of a lot.

So while I try and pass on what I've learnt, I usually learn just as much from other people's questions and answers too.
My first experience with Linux was Mandrake Linux. I bought their CD and their Book and went to their official help channel on IRC to ask a question.....only to get laughed at by a bunch of people. That is a true story. Needless to say, I didn't use Mandrake very long.
Old 24th August 2016, 03:38 AM
smr54 Offline

linuxchrome

I want to add my thanks to the folks who answer questions, and of course, to the mods (most of the time, save when they disagree with whatever bee is in my proverbial bonnet.)

Thanks to all of you who patiently answer questions and help folks work through their problems.
Old 24th August 2016, 04:05 AM
nsnbm Offline

linuxfedoraepiphany

There's a great number of very knowledgeable respondents on this forum, for which I am very grateful. I have learned heaps from them. I believe they know who they are ... Thanks.
Old 24th August 2016, 03:58 PM
lsatenstein Online

linuxfedorafirefox

Hi MadTiger

Yes, you and I are both grateful for the generosity shown by all members of this Forum. I too came to this forum when I got my first Linux CD. Yes, at that time all of Fedora could fit onto a 700Meg CD.

Over the years, the people on this forum, without exception, have been a great help to me, and in some sense, long time Fedora users have become an extended family of friends. Hang around friend, there is lots to learn from the postings and I have to say, the learning is both enjoyable and painless.

Interesting web sites list
http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showth...40#post1697840

Tags
2016, class, fedoraforum