Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 26th July 2017, 01:02 AM
pjsf1 Offline

linuxfedorachrome
Re: After Upgrade to F26: Always asked for root password on login (additionally)

Disabling Blueman's networking plugin and KillSwitch plugin seems to work for me.
Old 26th July 2017, 09:00 AM
antikythera Offline
Administrator

linuxchrome
Re: After Upgrade to F26: Always asked for root password on login (additionally)

there's a bug open about this blueman networkmanager plugin issue. However, I'm not sure of the maintenance status of blueman though as it has been orphaned a couple of times now. blueberry seems to work okay for connections with my own hardware but I know that won't be the case for every usage scenario.

Again, if you find issues with blueberry, they need reporting so they can be fixed.
Old 27th July 2017, 03:23 PM
dcrdev Offline

windows_7chrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by antikythera View Post
there's a bug open about this blueman networkmanager plugin issue. However, I'm not sure of the maintenance status of blueman though as it has been orphaned a couple of times now. blueberry seems to work okay for connections with my own hardware but I know that won't be the case for every usage scenario.

Again, if you find issues with blueberry, they need reporting so they can be fixed.
I was tempted to do this given that the bug report isn't getting any attention (not that I've ever seen a bug get any attention on bugzilla) and this is actually delaying the startup of the compositor I'm using in XFCE, however the pulseaudio bluetooth module has a dependency on blueman; it's something I actually use frequently.

Really quite shocked that this was F26 got released with this bug - not because it's huge, but because it's visible on boot and affects everyone using bluetooth.
Old 28th July 2017, 02:28 PM
dcrdev Offline

linuxfedorachrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcrdev View Post
I was tempted to do this given that the bug report isn't getting any attention (not that I've ever seen a bug get any attention on bugzilla) and this is actually delaying the startup of the compositor I'm using in XFCE, however the pulseaudio bluetooth module has a dependency on blueman; it's something I actually use frequently.

Really quite shocked that this was F26 got released with this bug - not because it's huge, but because it's visible on boot and affects everyone using bluetooth.
To follow up in this it seems that the pulse bluetooth module can work with blueman or blueberry, it's just a case of removing blueman AFTER installing blueberry; or just reinstalling the module ofcourse.

Does F26 use blueberry by default then, meaning we're just affected because we upgraded?
Old 28th July 2017, 04:02 PM
antikythera Offline
Administrator

linuxchrome

I can only confirm blueberry has replaced blueman in MATE-Compiz spin. I would think the other GTK based desktops have done the same as blueman has been orphaned so many times recently.

also yes, it's blueman being left over from previous builds causing the issue with upgraded systems
Old 6th August 2017, 03:55 PM
Breezeman Offline

macossafari

I had the same issue. I removed blue man and the 2 additional prompts went away. I use Bluetooth upon occasion however I'll look for a work around once I have more time. For now all is good and the annoyance of the additional prompts during reboots is gone. Thanks to lose who have provided commentary in this. It took some time to find the thread on this specific issue.

Tags
additionally, asked, f26, login, password, root, upgrade