Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 13th July 2017, 08:18 AM
TillM Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
After Upgrade to F26: Always asked for root password on login (additionally)

Hi all,

after upgrading to F26 I'm always asked to provide the
root password twice after logging in to Gnome with my standard user.

It says something like:

Code:
Configuring network requires privileges
and

Code:
Configuring RfKill State requires privileges
Couldn't find anyone else facing this so far.

Any ideas?

Thank you!
Old 13th July 2017, 09:16 AM
Chief1902 Offline

linuxfedorachrome
Re: After Upgrade to F26: Always asked for root password on login (additionally)

Maybe this is something related to SELinux? Try to put it into permissive mode (if it is in enforcing mode) and if it works, then do autorelabel and put it back to enforcing mode.
Old 13th July 2017, 09:50 AM
TillM Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Re: After Upgrade to F26: Always asked for root password on login (additionally)

Thanks for your reply!

For whatever reason SELinux is not enabled at all.

$ sestatus
$ SELinux status: disabled
Old 13th July 2017, 09:53 AM
antikythera Offline
Administrator

linuxchrome

did you turn it off for another reason in the past?
Old 13th July 2017, 10:01 AM
TillM Offline

linuxfedorafirefox

Not that I can remember.

This is basically a just-use-it and be happy system.

Yet, this system has been upgraded incrementally since F21.
So I'm not sure if I had fiddled with this settings once,
following a more invasive HowTo or the like...
Old 13th July 2017, 10:13 AM
Chief1902 Offline

linuxfedorachrome

Is your standard user account also a system admin? Maybe somehow during the upgrade you've lost your privileges? Check out is your user account also in wheel group with correct GID.
Old 13th July 2017, 11:30 AM
dcrdev Offline

windows_7chrome

It's a bug related to the blueman package - essentially the packaged polkit policy is out of date. This both results in some selinux denials and polkit authentication prompts.

It's logged here:
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1441920

Not tested yet - I'm guessing since this is only affecting users who have upgraded, that you can just delete /usr/share/PolicyKit/policy/org.blueman.policy* and then "dnf reinstall blueman" .
Old 13th July 2017, 11:41 AM
antikythera Offline
Administrator

linuxchrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcrdev View Post
It's a bug related to the blueman package - essentially the packaged polkit policy is out of date. This both results in some selinux denials and polkit authentication prompts.

It's logged here:
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1441920

Not tested yet - I'm guessing since this is only affecting users who have upgraded, that you can just delete /usr/share/PolicyKit/policy/org.blueman.policy* and then "dnf reinstall blueman" .
or alternatively remove blueman and install blueberry instead if you need to use bluetooth. otherwise, just remove blueman.
Old 13th July 2017, 11:54 AM
pjsf1 Offline

linuxfedorachrome

I have the same problem, SElinux is in permissive mode, i've re-installed blueman, still the same messages.
Old 14th July 2017, 01:35 AM
pjsf1 Offline

linuxfedorachrome

Unchecking the networking plugin in blueman got rid of the first prompt (network), which is fine for me since I don't use bluetooth networking. "rfkill unblock 0" from the command prompt gets rid of the rfkill state prompt edit .... and then after another reboot it comes back again.

Last edited by pjsf1; 14th July 2017 at 02:53 AM.
Old 14th July 2017, 08:40 AM
antikythera Offline
Administrator

linuxchrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjsf1 View Post
Unchecking the networking plugin in blueman got rid of the first prompt (network), which is fine for me since I don't use bluetooth networking. "rfkill unblock 0" from the command prompt gets rid of the rfkill state prompt edit .... and then after another reboot it comes back again.
remove blueman using the package manager if you don't use bluetooth and the problem should be negated.

also, for users of bluetooth experiencing the same issue I recommend removing blueman still and installing blueberry instead.
Old 14th July 2017, 10:42 AM
pjsf1 Offline

linuxfedorachrome

Unfortunately I do use bluetooth, quite heavily, just not for networking, and blueberry has never really worked for me when connecting new devices, so , unless i find a workaround, I'll just have to keep cancelling the rfkill login prompt.
Old 25th July 2017, 10:17 PM
tankist02 Offline

windows_7chrome

Is there a better solution than removing blueman? I had this problem with all my 3 machines that have BlueTooth. Removing blueman helped but I hope for a less drastic surgery.
Old 25th July 2017, 10:21 PM
antikythera Offline
Administrator

linuxfedorafirefox

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankist02 View Post
Is there a better solution than removing blueman? I had this problem with all my 3 machines that have BlueTooth. Removing blueman helped but I hope for a less drastic surgery.
you should find blueberry installed during the upgrade. if not, install that package and your bluetooth will still work and be controllable via the graphical user interface.
Old 25th July 2017, 10:23 PM
antikythera Offline
Administrator

linuxfedorafirefox

less drastic would be to try disabling the blueman applet entry in the startup applications list. see if that makes any difference.

Tags
additionally, asked, f26, login, password, root, upgrade