Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 12th May 2017, 10:01 PM
GraySplatter Offline

macoschrome
Re: MCE hardware errors on boot on new machine

Please follow up here after the next BIOS update. :-)
Old 1st June 2017, 07:11 AM
Neptunian Offline

linuxchrome

Any solution yet?
Old 6th August 2017, 11:38 AM
eldis Offline

windows_98_nt_2000chrome

Just to add my few cents on this issue.

I have brand new (well not new anymore) DELL Inspiron 5567 machine, I bought back in february. Installed Fedora 25 the first day, and immediately upon Fedora 25 first kernel update, the same issue started appearing, on every single boot.

I also researched alot, and came across number of threads around web, with many people having the same issue. I stumbed upon this thread on Google+
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!to...el/C-A6hKBCjB0
where this guy from DELL, Mario Limonciello, is saying that this is probably some firmware bug, and that these are fake mce errors, not having anything to do with real hardware deffects.

Now, unfortunatelly it's been 6 months since this started happening for me, and it is still there to this day, on Fedora 26. I installed every single BIOS update there was, and there were 4 till now I think, and it is still the same.
Now my machine is on 1.1.5 BIOS version, which is released just 5 days ago for my machine, and like I said, nothing is changed, the same old mce harware errors on every single boot.
Old 16th August 2017, 07:31 PM
atroposisdead Offline

linuxchrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldis View Post
Just to add my few cents on this issue.

I have brand new (well not new anymore) DELL Inspiron 5567 machine, I bought back in february. Installed Fedora 25 the first day, and immediately upon Fedora 25 first kernel update, the same issue started appearing, on every single boot.

I also researched alot, and came across number of threads around web, with many people having the same issue. I stumbed upon this thread on Google+
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!to...el/C-A6hKBCjB0
where this guy from DELL, Mario Limonciello, is saying that this is probably some firmware bug, and that these are fake mce errors, not having anything to do with real hardware deffects.

Now, unfortunatelly it's been 6 months since this started happening for me, and it is still there to this day, on Fedora 26. I installed every single BIOS update there was, and there were 4 till now I think, and it is still the same.
Now my machine is on 1.1.5 BIOS version, which is released just 5 days ago for my machine, and like I said, nothing is changed, the same old mce harware errors on every single boot.
I have the very same problem as yourself, I bought Dell Vostro 5568 about a month ago and ever since I installed Fedora 26 I'm getting those MCE errors. I updated everything I could, my BIOS is as recent as possible and I keep seeing these during boot and shutdown. When I look at the exact times nothing is really happening to my computer when these error show up (and sometimes they occur during normal usage as well).

Tags
boot , errors , hardware , machine , mce