Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center

Go Back   FedoraForum.org > Community Lounge > Suggestions & Feedback
FedoraForum Search

Forgot Password? Join Us!

Suggestions & Feedback Have suggestions, feedback or just plain questions regarding FedoraForum.org? Post them here. (We reserve the right to poke fun at you or just ignore them).

View Poll Results: How Well Are These Forums Performing?
Excellent 274 52.49%
Good 193 36.97%
Average 37 7.09%
Poor 11 2.11%
Very Poor 7 1.34%
Voters: 522. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 5th March 2004, 12:42 PM
Ug Offline
Retired Community Manager

How Well Are These Forums Performing?

We're interested to know how you think FedoraForum.org is performing, we want to know what you like about the forums and what you don't like. If you have any suggestions to make then, please by all means make them and we'll consider their values.

Constructive critcism only please.
Old 5th March 2004, 05:54 PM
Jman Offline

On the technical side, things are performing great. Hardly any delay to get to any page. vBulletin is excellent forum software.

The only problem I forsee is scaling well to meet the questions of many more users. If questions are not being answered more Fedora experts will have to be encouraged to join. It's not a problem yet, though.

People will definately ask the same questions. Maybe some FAQ for common support questions?
Old 6th March 2004, 12:10 AM
Ug Offline

We're working on that side of things. Hopefully we should have an article system up at some point in the future, for staff to write too. Which should hope to address some of those issues.

On the point of staff, we are definately on the lookout for staff. But we are still a relatively new resource.
Old 6th March 2004, 10:42 AM
PeTzZz Offline

I am new to this forum and to Linux too, but this forum seems to be quite good. I want to say excellent (as I voted : D), but I have not looked around here so much to say such word.

The forum seems to operate quite good too. Questions and answers are coming pritty often.

At first I thought that this is "another" forum where I don't get answers, but then I got some answers after some days or less. I thought that I don't get a respond, but I did. Not so quickly as I wanted, but still.

Thank you! I think that I will stay in this forum.

And the FAQ idea is a good idea! For example there should be some sticky topics in every part of the forum.

NOTE
Maybe 'Installation Help' forum should be renamed to somthing like 'Installation and Updating Help'. I didn't know where to post my question about updating. Just an idea. You may think differently.

Last edited by PeTzZz; 6th March 2004 at 10:50 AM.
Old 6th March 2004, 11:04 AM
Ug Offline

Updating is a general support question.
Old 6th March 2004, 12:57 PM
mhelios Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Ug
Updating is a general support question.
Actually I think he means upgrades as opposed to fresh installs.

PeTzZz: I feel "Installation Help" is adequate for the topic. Remember installation means fresh install *or upgrade. If you did mean updating packages in general; then yes, I agree with Ug.

Ug: Maybe just to clarify for all, adding/changing the forum description to specify fresh installs *or upgrades?
Old 6th March 2004, 01:56 PM
Ug Offline

Sounds like a good idea. Done.
Old 6th March 2004, 03:19 PM
PeTzZz Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by mhelios
Actually I think he means upgrades as opposed to fresh installs.

PeTzZz: I feel "Installation Help" is adequate for the topic. Remember installation means fresh install *or upgrade. If you did mean updating packages in general; then yes, I agree with Ug.
Actually I meant updating packages more than upgrading. I was confused about the forum name 'Installation Help'. I thought that maybe it is for packages installation too. Packages are also installed, aren't they?

-->
Maybe 'Installing Fedora Help' 'Fedora Installing Help' is even better (maybe they are not grammatically correct, but something like that)? This name will emphasize the name Fedora. So users will understand that it is only for Fedora as Fedora installing help. Maybe they have the same question as I had. (I noticed some topics about installing packages or about up2date in that forum. I made one too, sry)
<-- just menitoned

EDIT
that NOTE should have been posted in the Suggestions topic. I am very sorry

Last edited by PeTzZz; 6th March 2004 at 03:29 PM.
Old 6th March 2004, 03:45 PM
mhelios Offline

PeTzZz,
I understand your difficulty comprehending the descriptions...Estonian I see. We've added a more concise description of the forum - you may have noticed. As for emphasing the Fedora in the name...well, this site is called fedoraforum.org...

Package installation questions comes under general support or software forums depending on the problem.
Old 6th March 2004, 04:14 PM
PeTzZz Offline

OK, it's all my stupidity. The next time I will think more before posting and don't comment about forum names and all that things.

Maybe you delete my comments here about that NOTE. I am ashamed of them.
Old 6th March 2004, 04:17 PM
Ug Offline

It's nothing to be ashamed of. We're an international community, there's going to be communications problems from time to time.
Old 6th March 2004, 10:40 PM
Jman Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Ug
We're an international community, there's going to be communications problems from time to time.
Would there ever be a need for forums speaking languages other than English? Spanish and German come to mind.

Not that I'm volunteering. The communications problems would be even worse if I had to remember Spanish.
Old 7th March 2004, 03:32 AM
Lindy Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Jman

The only problem I forsee is scaling well to meet the questions of many more users. If questions are not being answered more Fedora experts will have to be encouraged to join.
Just a suggestion, but if the volume gets to the point where there are alot of unanswered questions they could be featured on an rss feed.

Just my two cents worth.
Old 7th March 2004, 03:36 AM
ewdi Offline
Retired Admin

hahahahahah the blind meets the deaf
yeah, i will be adding rss feeds soon thx lindy

Follow me at http://twitter.com/ewdi

Laptop : MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz 4GB DDR, 20-inch iMac Aluminium/4GB RAM
Old 10th March 2004, 11:37 PM
Ug Offline

I was wondering if we could have an RSS feed for the 10 latest posts and topics?

I really need it on my desktop.
Closed Thread