Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 11th August 2017, 03:17 PM
nonglobal Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Power button shuts off intead of wake up Laptop F26

I have a peculiar problem with my recent system, upgraded to Fedora 26 from Fedora 25. When I try to wake up the system in the sleep mode the notebook immediately reboots. In other words, it's seems when I push the power button in order to wake-up the notebook the power is totally cut off and the booting process begins (I have to enter the motherboard password and so on). My Laptop is a Toshiba Satellite S55 (Intel Core i7). This problem is new in my system. On F25 everything it was ok about this issue. In the power settings the actions assigned to power button is: suspending.

Last edited by nonglobal; 11th August 2017 at 04:22 PM.
Old 11th August 2017, 07:20 PM
robertdaleweir Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Re: Power button shuts off intead of wake up Laptop F26

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonglobal View Post
I have a peculiar problem with my recent system, upgraded to Fedora 26 from Fedora 25. When I try to wake up the system in the sleep mode the notebook immediately reboots. In other words, it's seems when I push the power button in order to wake-up the notebook the power is totally cut off and the booting process begins (I have to enter the motherboard password and so on). My Laptop is a Toshiba Satellite S55 (Intel Core i7). This problem is new in my system. On F25 everything it was ok about this issue. In the power settings the actions assigned to power button is: suspending.
Hi nonglobal
Have you looked in the BIOS to see if you have the 4 second delay for Power off set or if it is set to Power Off immediately. Don't know your particular Laptop but it is a setting in all the Laptops I have worked on. Yes I understand that it should not have changed over an upgrade but it is a thought.
MoBo Gigabyte 78LMT-USB3 AMD760G AM3+ MicroATX
Memory 8 Gigs Gskill Ripjaw DDR3-1333 PC-10666
Old 14th August 2017, 06:21 PM
nonglobal Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Re: Power button shuts off intead of wake up Laptop F26

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertdaleweir View Post
Hi nonglobal
Have you looked in the BIOS to see if you have the 4 second delay for Power off set or if it is set to Power Off immediately.
Yes, I did that. But the BIOS hasn't this option. Anyway, if I try to weake-up the laptop by others means, like open the screen or pressing any key, the effects is the same. The Laptop intermediately shuts down and the normal boot begins.

Tags
button , f26 , intead , laptop , power , shuts , wake