Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 18th October 2016, 05:47 AM
stratacast1 Offline

linuxfirefox
Weird KDE quirks after recent updates

Sadly it's too late for me to pinpoint where my problem is coming from, but has anyone had weird KDE behavior in Fedora 24 this last week? I've had a handful of issues on both of my devices.

On my Dell XPS:
*Desktop seems to lock up more to the point where I have to hard shutdown. I haven't been able to pinpoint the exact cause.
*Touchpad spontaneously stops responding to virtual clicks and requires a reboot.

This leads me to believe that the last kernel update has caused some problems here?

Custom built desktop:
Right-click menus will close on their own. For example: in Dolphin if I right-click something the menu will vanish so I can't perform a task. Or, I will get to the function I want to execute (rename) and even when I can start changing the text, it will stop and exit out of name editing. F2 doesn't display this issue.

I'm going to check KDE bugs, but I was wanting to know if others have been pulling their hair out from mini frustrations similar to this too?
Old 18th October 2016, 09:01 PM
Madtiger Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Re: Weird KDE quirks after recent updates

Sorry, but I haven't experienced any of the problems your having and I also use KDE.

David
Old 19th October 2016, 06:09 AM
stratacast1 Offline

linuxfirefox
Re: Weird KDE quirks after recent updates

Well my right click problem seemingly vanished...I didn't change anything either. No updates or hardware adjustments so I don't know how to answer to that one...oh software

Tags
kde, quirks, recent, updates, weird