saltydolphin0 Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Help Korora 25 AMD Update Error Bison 3.3 Plus Help ENGAGE

System:
Korora 25 amd laptop

Fault:
Error : Yum: Update Bison 3.3-4?

PLus Fault:
Request Help because not receiving email from ENGAGE? Korora Forum despite filing form.

Fault specific:
a./Could I have help with the above Forum Engage? (at --Kororaproject.org) as I was supposed to recieve an email but I did not and I cannot get an account. Could I have help contacting the forum?
b./I received an error message from yum update and I want to know where the log related to yum as well as the important system logs names and how to access them(KoRoRa 25 Kde).
c./I would like help with the error message { margin-bottom: 0.25cm; line-height: 120%; }

This is all that I have as I can't find logs :manual,.... so and so. I can't get an email to Korora forum.

Error(s) in building transactionupdate : bison-3.0.4-4.fc24.x86_64
update : gstreamer1-plugins-ugly-free-1.10.5-1.fc25.x86_64
update : kf5-kirigami2-2.0.0-2.fc25.x86_64

but I don't understand as it appears non fatal, but it appeared to be fatal to Yum at the time?
d./I would like to know about a KoRoRa 25 Manual. I appear to have a problem with the built in man pages? p { margin-bottom: 0.25cm; line-height: 120%; }

Thankyou.

Last edited by saltydolphin0; 26th August 2017 at 02:49 AM. Reason: failed to state lack of log data
Old 26th August 2017, 03:23 AM
bob Online
Administrator (yeah, back again)

Location: Colton, NY; Junction of Heaven & Earth (also Routes 56 & 68).
linuxfedorafirefox
Re: Help Korora 25 AMD Update Error Bison 3.3 Plus Help ENGAGE

moved to Fedora Spins and Remixes since Korora has split from Fedora. Also, our Forum has no connection to the Korora forum.
Registered Linux User #362651

Don't use any of my solutions on working computers or near small children.
Old 26th August 2017, 08:00 AM
ozjd Online

linuxchrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltydolphin0 View Post
System:
Korora 25 amd laptop

Fault:
Error : Yum: Update Bison 3.3-4?

PLus Fault:
Request Help because not receiving email from ENGAGE? Korora Forum despite filing form.

Fault specific:
a./Could I have help with the above Forum Engage? (at --Kororaproject.org) as I was supposed to recieve an email but I did not and I cannot get an account. Could I have help contacting the forum?
b./I received an error message from yum update and I want to know where the log related to yum as well as the important system logs names and how to access them(KoRoRa 25 Kde).
c./I would like help with the error message { margin-bottom: 0.25cm; line-height: 120%; }

This is all that I have as I can't find logs :manual,.... so and so. I can't get an email to Korora forum.

Error(s) in building transactionupdate : bison-3.0.4-4.fc24.x86_64
update : gstreamer1-plugins-ugly-free-1.10.5-1.fc25.x86_64
update : kf5-kirigami2-2.0.0-2.fc25.x86_64

but I don't understand as it appears non fatal, but it appeared to be fatal to Yum at the time?
d./I would like to know about a KoRoRa 25 Manual. I appear to have a problem with the built in man pages? p { margin-bottom: 0.25cm; line-height: 120%; }

Thankyou.
I've passed this on to the person who manages the Korora site. There is an issue with email from the site at the moment but Korora 26 has taken priority. the best way to contact the Korora team is by irc or on social media, see https://kororaproject.org/support

Don't use yum, it is dead and has been for some time. The current package manager is dnf but yum will run dnf anyway. I think the log you want is /var/log/dnf.log however the full error message when you run dnf is likely to be more helpful. There was a temporary issue with gstreamer update from RPMFusion a few days ago but it sorted itself out in a day or 2 as they usually do. It was probably mirrors not being fully updated, happens from time to time.
Old 26th August 2017, 08:06 AM
ozjd Online

linuxchrome

BTW what was the user name you registered on Engage?
Old 27th August 2017, 08:59 AM
saltydolphin0 Offline

linuxfedorafirefox

Hello ozjd,
My name on Engage was Saltdog0.
I was using Yum Extender DNF, I'm sorry for that.
Do I have to go to Korora 26 given the problem? I don't know how, considering the error is still active given the above.
Can I upgrade without archiving my files?
I presume that you gave me the inf. for using irc as I have never used this? Is it straight forward?
Thankyou.
Old 27th August 2017, 10:05 AM
ozjd Online

linuxchrome

I can see your name on the Profile list so you should have got an email. I'll follow up with our webmaster for you.

You will get a more detailed error if you use dnf to update, do sudo dnf --refresh upgrade and post any error you get.

You will be able to upgrade to 26 once it is released, hopefully that will be very soon. There are details for that at https://kororaproject.org/support/do...grading-korora. Your data should be fine however you should always make a backup of anything that is important to you.

There is a link on the page I gave last time to a simple web based irc client and that is easy to use. If you wanted to use irc regularly I would recommend something like hexchat. However for occasional use the web based one is fine.
Old 27th August 2017, 10:06 AM
antikythera Offline
Administrator

linuxchrome

looks like those updated libraries break bison dependencies from the error message. I could be wrong but that's usually why you'd get a transaction error like that.

try from dnf in the terminal and see what the output says, it is usually far more informative than yumex-dnf.

Code:
sudo dnf update
Old 28th August 2017, 04:48 AM
saltydolphin0 Offline

linuxfedorafirefox

Hello,
I am a bit out of my depth with package errors and I need a better manual than I have found with korora; your thoughts on moving to PClinuxOs?
I don'tlike Mint but I am hoping for something secure and wholesome.
I can't understand the clamav installation on Korora, so I am looking for Os with more supp. at the pre command line expertise level.
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozjd View Post
I can see your name on the Profile list so you should have got an email. I'll follow up with our webmaster for you.

You will get a more detailed error if you use dnf to update, do sudo dnf --refresh upgrade and post any error you get.

You will be able to upgrade to 26 once it is released, hopefully that will be very soon. There are details for that at https://kororaproject.org/support/do...grading-korora. Your data should be fine however you should always make a backup of anything that is important to you.

There is a link on the page I gave last time to a simple web based irc client and that is easy to use. If you wanted to use irc regularly I would recommend something like hexchat. However for occasional use the web based one is fine.
Old 28th August 2017, 05:50 AM
ozjd Online

linuxchrome

I've never used PClinuxOs and so can't say how it compares to Korora and Fedora. However there is a lot of help available for Korora. Remember it is built on Fedora and so if you search for guides for Fedora they will work on Korora.

Are you talking about the man pages in a terminal? If so they are provided by the application developer and are the same on all distros. There is some documentation on the Korora site and it is an ongoing project to improve it. Several members of the community have contributed to it and that is continuing.

To install clamav you can search for it in Yumex or on the command type sudo dnf install clamav.

Tags
amd , bison , engage , error , korora , korora 25 , update