Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 11th January 2017, 06:10 PM
fossiili Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Question How to get Adobe Flash Player working

I read my local newspaper Kaleva from Internet as eKaleva from www.kaleva.fi. But for eKaleva Firefox needs Adobe Flash Player.

They insists us to load it from https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/. And then one have to select version to download: YUM or .rpm Which one

It must lasted about 8 years since I installed Fedora. On that early days Fedora seemed to please me most of the Linux distributions. But then I turned to Ubuntu and Mint. Especially the Flash-problem was easyer to manage in those dayes in Mint for ex.
I hope I succeed in installing Adobe Flash this time. Thank you for all of your help
Old 11th January 2017, 06:20 PM
PabloTwo Offline
"Registered User" T-Shirt Winner

windows_8chrome
Re: How to get Adobe Flash Player working

It's best to select the YUM option. That will install the Adobe repository. After that is installed, then, from a command terminal. as root user, issue the command:
Code:
dnf install flash-plugin
By using the repository, it will automatically check for updates to the flash-plugin. By just downloading and installing the rpm package, you would then need to manually check for updates.
Old 13th March 2017, 10:34 AM
fossiili Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Thumbs up Re: How to get Adobe Flash Player working SOLVED

Thank you! This really works: dance:

Tags
adobe, flash, player, working