Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 13th August 2017, 05:19 PM
Gippox Offline

linuxchrome
After upgrade to Fedora 26 I can not login to normal user. (Login through root is pos

Recently I upgraded to Fedora 26 to Fedora 25. Before that everything was working fine. However, after upgrade, I can not login to normal user. Every time I try to login as a normal user it doesn't work. After flash login screen appears again. I tried to login through GNOME, GNOME Classic and GNOME Xorg but it doesn't work on either. However, When I login using "root" user, it works.
But, I can not access all my softwares. So, I need to resolve the problem. Please help!

Thank you!
Old 13th August 2017, 06:10 PM
tryfedoraa Online

windows_98_nt_2000chrome
Re: After upgrade to Fedora 26 I can not login to normal user. (Login through root is

It doesn't explain what happened to your user accounts but worked for others:

Quote:
It has been suggested to remove your user and your home folder, backing up necessary folders/files (like the Firefox folder ), and then just adding the user again.

https://www.forums.fedoraforum.org/s...ad.php?t=41080
Old 14th August 2017, 01:01 AM
nsnbm Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Re: After upgrade to Fedora 26 I can not login to normal user. (Login through root is

You could try changing the user's password with root to see if that makes a difference.

If that fails, you might consider installing another display manager like lightdm. Since root works, you could download it with dnf if your network is good. You then need to make sure that the display manager is enabled with;
Code:
systemctl enable graphical.target
Make sure the graphical.target in /etc/systemd/system points to lightdm.

It's possible to have many display managers installed and use the program: system-switch-displaymanager, to switch between them;
Quote:
The Display Manager Switcher is a tool which enables users to easily switch
between various deskplay managers that they have installed. The tool includes
support for GDM, KDM, XDM, WDM, LightDM, LXDM and SDDM
Old 14th August 2017, 06:36 PM
Gippox Offline

linuxfedorafirefox

Tanks to all
There was a problem in the .cshrc file in my ./home
setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH /home/andrea/Scrivania/NMMB/NPS/NPS_distrib_v1.4/UTILS/lib/:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

This user setting blocked startx because he did not find zlib-1.2.9.
I uncommented it and i managed to restart startx and log on through the normal user.

Gippox

Tags
fedora, login, normal, pos, root, upgrade, user