Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 16th July 2017, 03:48 AM
StevenAust Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
network setting - failed to apply after dnf upgrade to F26

HI
Anyone make sense of this - the wifi and Ethernet both work?

tks
Steven

g-io-error-quark: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Python.GLib.Error : Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib64/python3.6/site-packages/dbus/service.py", line 707, in _message_cb
retval = candidate_method(self, *args, **keywords)
File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/blueman/main/DbusService.py", line 38, in wrapper
return method(*args[1:], **kwargs)
File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/blueman/plugins/mechanism/Network.py", line 56, in ReloadNetwork
self.confirm_authorization(caller, "org.blueman.network.setup")
File "/usr/libexec/blueman-mechanism", line 166, in confirm_authorization
action_id, {}, 1, "")
File "/usr/lib64/python3.6/site-packages/gi/overrides/Gio.py", line 172, in __call__
None)
GLib.GError: g-dbus-error-quark: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenie d: An SELinux policy prevents this sender from sending this message to this recipient, 0 matched rules; type="method_call", sender=":1.57" (uid=0 pid=1795 comm="python3 /usr/libexec/blueman-mechanism " label="system_u:system_r:blueman_t:s0") interface="org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1.Authority" member="CheckAuthorization" error name="(unset)" requested_reply="0" destination=":1.9" (uid=998 pid=924 comm="/usr/lib/polkit-1/polkitd --no-debug " label="system_u:system_rolicykit_t:s0") (9)
(36)
Old 25th July 2017, 03:01 PM
g0van Offline

linuxfedorachrome
Re: network setting - failed to apply after dnf upgrade to F26

I've been facing the same problem. Also did a dnf upgrade from F25 to F26.
My error message states that I might find problems connecting to Bluetooth devices. Though, everything is working fine. So far I've been able to establish connections to and from my BT devices.
The error message goes as follows:

Failed to apply network settings.
You might not be able to connect to the Bluetooth network via this machine.
Exception:

g-io-error-quark: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Python.GLib.Error : Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib64/python3.6/site-packages/dbus/service.py", line 707, in _message_cb
retval = candidate_method(self, *args, **keywords)
File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/blueman/main/DbusService.py", line 38, in wrapper
return method(*args[1:], **kwargs)
File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/blueman/plugins/mechanism/Network.py", line 56, in ReloadNetwork
self.confirm_authorization(caller, "org.blueman.network.setup")
File "/usr/libexec/blueman-mechanism", line 166, in confirm_authorization
action_id, {}, 1, "")
File "/usr/lib64/python3.6/site-packages/gi/overrides/Gio.py", line 172, in __call__
None)
GLib.GError: g-dbus-error-quark: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenie d: An SELinux policy prevents this sender from sending this message to this recipient, 0 matched rules; type="method_call", sender=":1.86" (uid=0 pid=4945 comm="python3 /usr/libexec/blueman-mechanism " label="system_u:system_r:blueman_t:s0") interface="org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1.Authority" member="CheckAuthorization" error name="(unset)" requested_reply="0" destination=":1.8" (uid=998 pid=941 comm="/usr/lib/polkit-1/polkitd --no-debug " label="system_u:system_rolicykit_t:s0") (9)
(36)
Old 27th July 2017, 06:35 AM
StevenAust Offline

linuxfedorafirefox

HI
Tks for your reply. I don't know if I'm wrong or right, but --

I didn't know what to do, eventually, I replaced the USB 3 hdd I installed to and was able to successfully install F26.

thanks again

Steven
Old Today, 02:02 AM
dgongora Offline

linuxfedorafirefox

It seems blueman got deprecated on F26.

You need to install blueberry and remove blueman to get rid of the message.

See Bug 1441920

Tags
apply, dnf, error, f26, failed, network, setting, upgrade