Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 15th October 2011, 09:12 PM
PhillyFloyd Offline

linuxfirefox
Bugzilla Question - enhancement requests?

Greetings,

As someone in IT and having to deal with CM maintaining Trac and Remedy databases for ticketing and software reporting, I have a question about bugzilla's purpose.

Are enhancement requests a viable bugzilla ticket? For example, the ALT-F2 run dialogue (which I have no idea what the actual package or name of it is so apologies for calling it a "run dialogue") should allow tab-completion since you have to know what you want to run, and I don't think that is an unreasonable request and a really good enhancement if not already available and I am just unaware of the plugin for the tool to allow that.

Anyway - in general, are enhancement requests frowned upon on bugzilla, is there another place to request such things ... thanks
Old 16th October 2011, 02:43 AM
fedvasu Offline

linuxfirefox
Re: Bugzilla Question - enhancement requests?

I think feature requests are allowed in bugzilla, i don't know if they are heartily welcomed. i'm no IT guy , but have submitted a few bugs in bugzilla and seen a few feature requests there.

bye the way,ALT+F2 feature enhancement is infact needed, good luck.
Old 16th October 2011, 03:43 AM
cazo Offline

linuxchrome

I agree with fedvasu: feature requests should be (are) acceptable, but probably of a lower priority than actual bug fixes.

Also, tab completion does somewhat work in the ALT+F2 "run dialog", but nowhere near as good as in a terminal.

By the way, the file is part of gnome-shell & is in /usr/share/gnome-shell/js/ui/runDialog.js

Last edited by cazo; 16th October 2011 at 03:45 AM.
Old 16th October 2011, 03:49 AM
smr54 Offline

linuxchrome

I've seen feature requests from time to time. Generally, they're dealt with politely, with either, That's a good idea, I'll try to get that in, or a polite, We're not going to do that because... and an explanation. (Or possibly a combination--that's a good idea, but we're not going to do it right now, but might later.)

So, worth putting it in, IMHO.