Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 25th July 2017, 02:58 PM
elementj Offline

windows_7ie
Fedora 26 Wireless adapter disables itself after a day

Hello, this should be a simple fix and I am sure it has somthing to do with power management settings, but the issue I am having is ever since I upgraded from fedora 25 to 26 my laptops wireless adapter seems to disable itself after about a day. I know the laptop itsef is not going into sleep mode since the minute I touch a key or move the mouse the lock screen comes up just fine. I also did not have this problem while running Fedora 25.

I am using this laptop as a test environment, running a web server on it just to learn some new things so I would like this behavior to stop. Currently I am not physically located where the laptop is and the idea of calling someone to disable/re-enable my adapter seems absurd. I just need to find a way to ensure that power mangement is off and that nothing should ever be disabling my wireless connection.

I am in the process of having the laptop rebooted as I type this, and will have full Shell access shortly to try any fixes you may have. Again this should be simple but I am hoping someone has seen this behavoir before and has a CLI fix for it. Thanks in advance.
Old 13th August 2017, 01:29 PM
tryfedoraa Online

windows_98_nt_2000chrome
Re: Fedora 26 Wireless adapter disables itself after a day

Make sure that power management is turned off.

Code:
iwconfig wlan0
Should display a line with Power Management: Off. If it says On, you have to run:

Code:
sudo iwconfig wlan0 power off

Tags
adapter, day, disables, fedora, wireless