Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 17th July 2017, 07:45 PM
mlblandf Offline

linuxchrome
Screen won't wake up after idle

Hello All,

System: FC26 x86_64 , Self built desktop with Intel CPU/GPU

I just upgraded from Fedora 25 to 26. My systems probably started at Fedora 16 or so and has been upgraded over time.

Post upgrade to fedora 26, kdialog died any time it was called. Even just calling it with no options from the command line gives a segfault. I noticed that this didn't happen from a second account so I thought there must be a corrupted file in my home directory. As a result, I cleaned out my .dotfiles to remove anything kde or plasma related to start clean.

This resolved the kdialog issue, but now, once the screen goes to sleep, I can't wake it up from the keyboard or the mouse. The screen just remains black and the monitors are in sleep mode. If I switch to a virtual console via the keyboard, the monitors will wake and I can immediately switch back to the virtual console with X running.

Any thoughts what might have caused this and how to fix?
Old 20th July 2017, 04:54 PM
mlblandf Offline

linuxchrome
Re: Screen won't wake up after idle

After multiple days, this has stopped being a problem. I am not completely sure what stopped it.

The only configuration change I made in the last few days was to disable the KDE compositor because it makes VNC'ing in the the desktop very slow.

Tags
idle, screen, wake