Gmail confidential mode lol
FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gmail confidential mode lol

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style...-Mode-Redesign

You know the best part of the article is the following paragraph that will lead the ignorant and naive into a lot of trouble...

Unfortunately, for all the precautions included in Gmail’s new Confidential Mode, it is impossible to prevent users from taking a screenshot of the contents of an email.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Gmail confidential mode lol

Or click a photograph of screen.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is great about confidential mode is ?

The self destruct looks like a good feature. I can send emails and receive same, with a 30 day self destruct, andthat will clean up occurrences of where that message is located (my sent folder, the person's inbox folder, etc.)

And I guess, when the government comes snooping at some undesirable date, they won't find anything older than the self destruct date.. Whop-tee-do,
    Last edited by lsatenstein; 18th April 2018 at 04:27 PM.
    Leslie in Montreal

Interesting web sites list
    http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showth...40#post1697840
    We get too soon old, and too late smart!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lsatenstein
    And I guess, when the government comes snooping at some undesirable, they won't find anything older than the self destruct date.. Whop-tee-do,
    Yeah ... somehow I feel the deleted messages will only be invisible to the users and not *actually* deleted on the server side.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Mithrandir

If google implements this alone, then there must be some method that allows the deletion to occur when I send the message to my yahoo.com account. Can Yahoo.com delete the email on the prescribed doomsday. Can I read that email from my yahoo.com account?

And suppose I want to preserve it. Is there a way to cancel the message's doomsday?
    Leslie in Montreal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought it was interesting watching Mark Zuckerburg the other day being asked how long it take for facebook accounts to be deleted when the user asks to deleted it and he didn't have an exact answer, why isn't it instant?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by lsatenstein
    "And I guess, when the government comes snooping at some undesirable, they won't find anything older than the self destruct date.. Whop-tee-do,"
    Yeah ... somehow I feel the deleted messages will only be invisible to the users and not *actually* deleted on the server side.

Mark Zuckerburg the other day being asked how long it take for facebook accounts to be deleted when the user asks to deleted it and he didn't have an exact answer, why isn't it instant?
    There is no transparency for users to see the full processes at work. It's not like burning that letter one might wish for no one else to ever read again. it's not open source. Without transparency, trust is compromised, to say the least.

hiGuys Guest

Quote Originally Posted by nonamedotc
    This. Anyone believing there will be any privacy from Google should attend my upcoming bridge auction

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nsnbm
    There is no transparency for users to see the full processes at work. It's not like burning that letter one might wish for no one else to ever read again. it's not open source. Without transparency, trust is compromised, to say the least.
    Its not instant, because of the distribution system. Facebook has servers around the world. At any time, a few are down for maintenance, and at other times, the access is too slow. Europe has pretty good access speeds, but Australia, or New Zealand, are not so blessed with super quick international speeds.
    Leslie in Montreal