<---- template headericclude ----->
So ... what did you do this weekend? - Page 2
FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: So ... what did you do this weekend?

And ... A colorful climb out of a small valley.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flounder
    That extends to Mena which is only two counties over from where I live. I didn't think anyone else would wonder around these parts.
    I try to wander round them thar hills evry chance I git

It's a little bit of trip for me since I am over just east of Memphis, but I still love come over and spend a week or so every chance I get. I also love the Ozarks up around Eureka Springs and Beaver Lake, too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not that it's beautiful in these parts, but these parts are kind of a ways away from civilization as most people know it. Yeah the Ozarks are very nice. Where I am at we are barely in the Ouachita Mountains.
    Laptop: Lenovo ThinkPad T410, CPU: Intel Core i5 520M, Ram: 8GB DDR3, Hard Drive: 320GB, Graphics: Intel HD, OS: Windows 7 / Arch Linux x86_64
    Desktop: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming K4, CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 1200, RAM: 8GB DDR4, Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB, Graphics: Asus Radeon RX 550 4GB, OS: Arch Linux x86_64

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I work pretty much every weekend so that's what I did . But those are awesome pictures Dan and it looks like you nailed the depth of field with the insect photo not to mention the colours, nice images, very nice.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK Dan, a side from your Halloween story, what would get a big swarm of bats moving in the daylight? Just had a big cloud of bats fly by our home.

And it appears you are hiking some, on foot, to get those great shots. Hiking is one of my favorite activities, and I think a little life energizing. OK, now I have to go and hug a tree

Thanks for the great shots.
    On quest for blue smoke and red rings...
    Fedora 39 | Lenovo Edge 15 | i5 1.7Ghz | Intel HD Graphics 4400 | 6GB RAM | 1TB HDD
    Debian 12 | Toshiba Satellite C655 | i3 2.3Ghz | Intel HD Graphics 3000 | 8GB RAM | 65GB SSD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BBQdave
    OK Dan, a side from your Halloween story, what would get a big swarm of bats moving in the daylight? Just had a big cloud of bats fly by our home.
    My first suspicion would be something or someone disturbed their daytime hidey-hole. Either that, or there was a particularly good one-day sale on bug zappers down at WalMart. Everybody likes a good BBQ now and again. <....>

Quote Originally Posted by BBQdave
    And it appears you are hiking some, on foot, to get those great shots. Hiking is one of my favorite activities, and I think a little life energizing. OK, now I have to go and hug a tree
    Not as much as I'd like. Still trying to deal with a nasty case of heel spurs two years later. But once in a while, I eat some industrial strength Advil® and go anyway. But after one of those jaunts, it usually takes a good two weeks to get 'em settled back down again. <....>

Thanks for the great shots.
    You're welcome. <....>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great photos as usual Dan!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice shots, Dan. I have really been slacking on the photo taking. I think I need to get out south of town and see if the Bluebonnets are out....Due to the drought, the wild flowers havent done so well the last 2-3 seasons.
    sailor
    West of San Antonio, Tx ... near Castroville Tx

Fedora 39 <> IntelCore i7-4790 × 4 <>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice pictures I will upload mine soon still working on a big project that hopfully will come out amazing.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I got my live Motorsport fix for the Summer. I'm hoping to get to the forest stages of the WRC Great Britain later this year as well. Last year it didn't happen due to work clashing. We live a few miles from the famous Clocaenog Forest stages. I take my mountain bike through them occasionally.

We spent Sunday at the British Touring Car Championship Oulton Park rounds. There was just under 7 hours of constant action across six different classes. The schedule comprises of three Touring Car races with the support package surrounding them. The level of access is phenomenal. There is an official pit lane access and autograph session at the beginning of the day which near the end of it was like being in a massive stampede of wildebeest as more and more people piled in. By that stage I'd managed to meet the drivers I wanted to (most of which made a fuss of the kids) and get photos of some of the cars in the garages being prepared and some sponsor freebies.

The pit paddocks for the support races (and smaller teams they didn't have garages for in the touring car pits - 28 garages for 32 cars) were free access all day as long as you didn't get in the way of the teams working. So it was possible to see the cars being setup and repaired as necessary. Some of the paint schemes were stunning. In particular, my favourite was a Chrome wrapped Porsche I'll be uploading later on that looked equally awesome standing still and out on track.

First album of photos is the British Touring Car Championship itself

Last edited by antikythera; 10th June 2016 at 03:04 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Beans!

The fact you were able to enjoy this with your dad makes it a really special memory, I'll bet.

Motor sports around here tend to be a bit ... muddy. "4-Wheelers" and undeveloped open country are a popular combination.

This last weekend we pretty much sat around and recovered from the previous week. During that week, however, we found our way down to Baton Rouge and the USS Kidd Veterans Museum for the Memorial Day services. That was a somber sort of occasion, so I stowed the camera and gave the duty the respect it deserved.

However, on the way down there, I found this place. I shot it in both, of course, but it fairly begged to be done in B&W (if not Sepia). Personally, I think the B&W treatment is far more striking than the color shots ever could be.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice!

Fill'er up with Sky Chief supreme, super charged with Petrox, please!

Always trust your car to the man who wears the star...

Hey.. Didn't they also advertise "crack proof" motor oil?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Indeed B&W works for that shot, colour would have looked odd.

It was good to spend some R&R time with the old man. He didn't really know what to expect from the day and was pleasantly surprised. The last time we went to Silverstone for the F1 and he said this weekend was much more enjoyable. I have to agree, F1 in comparison is too clinical, less accessible and the stands and embankments are so far back you need telephoto lenses and binoculars. All we needed last weekend was a small compact camera and a bridge camera with an 18-55mm lens attached. Plus the un-silenced exhausts of these saloons sound much better than F1 these days.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slightly OT, but you wouldn't believe how a Felicia 1.3 w/o exhaust sounds like. Killer sound!
    I had to just drive to to the service in town and I had to keep the revs as low as 1500, because
    anything higher was heard across the whole town. And of course way off the decibel limit permitted by law.
    But what a sound it was.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast