<---- template headericclude ----->
powernow-k8: ph2 null fid transition 0xe
FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

powernow-k8: ph2 null fid transition 0xe

I have acer aspire 1524wlmi with fc3 x86_64 installed on it. The problem that i experience is that while booting sometimes i got the following message just after audit
    powernow-k8: ph2 null fid transition 0xe. Then my notebook heats very fast and it shuts down because of the bios settings for not to be overheated. I use 2.6.9-11 kernel and cpuspeed for changing cpu's frequency regarding its load. I use dual boot with winxp and in windows i don't have a problem of overheating. Does anyone know where the problem is and how could i solve it?

bytesniper Guest
    known kernel bug for that kernel. see https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedo.../msg08334.html

for future reference the google search string i used was "powernow-k8: ph2 null fid transition 0xe" and it was the 4th link down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have also found this link in google. However i don't understand why i don't get always this error. I don't change any settings either in BIOS or my OS. That's why i asked. So the only solution is to upgrade my kernel. Thanks anyway bytesniper. =)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I updated my kernel to the latest one using yum. However i continue getting the above message Any help would be appreciated..