When will the updates on the fedora updates server?
FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community
    Flatron Guest

When will the updates on the fedora updates server?

I would like to update the KDE and the firefox, but these ane not on the update servers. The KDE 3.4 was released on 16th March. The update is on the KDE servers, but I can't install it, because KDEbase is needed by KDElibs, and KDElibs is nedded by KDEbase, so I must install with yum.

Mostly the next version of KDE and Gnome are released only with the next Core Version (fc4). But the KDE 3.4 are already avalaible in the development tree. But they might break your system if you use them.

Flatron Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ilja
    Mostly the next version of KDE and Gnome are released only with the next Core Version (fc4). But the KDE 3.4 are already avalaible in the development tree. But they might break your system if you use them.
    KDE 3.4 is not under development, the stable version was released on 16th March, and the rpm files for FC3 is on the kde servers, I downloaded it, but I can't install because of the things in the 1st post. So, I think that not break my system, if it does, it would be not on the kde servers for FC3. And why the Firefox isn't on the update servers?

AndyGreen Guest
    It's simple.

FC3 --> KDE3.3
    FC4 --> KDE3.4

If you're in such a rush, download and install FC4 Test 2, but expect "rough edges" and to have to download and install FC4 final shortly.

samwyse Guest
    You can install several packages to satisfy dependencies with rpm by putting the packages after each other on the command line.

$ rpm -Uvh kdelibs kdebase etc

But if you want to update it by yum; add this to your yum.conf

[kde.org]
    name=kde.org
    baseurl=ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/3.4/RedHat/Fedora3/i386/

I've experinced some bugs which required to delete some setting files from ~/.kde I've also had some other minor (to me) problems with it, so update at own risk.

DO NOT INSTALL FC4 packages on FC3.