FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community

how to remove icons form main menu while the remove item is grayed out (whoami = root

how to remove icons form main menu while the remove item is grayed out (whoami = root)?
    Windows doesn't just crash - it opens a dialog box and lets you press OK first. Powered by RedHat since I know my self ;) Fedora 12 #379190

go to /usr/share/applications and add or modify the files open a file with more to see the format
    where the icon is stored is based on a keyword grouping entry in the file

I managed to remove some that way but not all - some just don't appear to be in that folder or some other reason but what bothers me more is that on RH9 remove item is usable and FC3 not????
    Windows doesn't just crash - it opens a dialog box and lets you press OK first. Powered by RedHat since I know my self ;) Fedora 12 #379190

For Gnome there also are generally the ///applications function of nautilus as well as editable files in /etc that allow for changing these menus but from reading redhat's support posts on their site this has been intentionally disabled

Also /usr/share/control-center-2.0/capplets/