Login screen disappeared/no gnome
FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community

Login screen disappeared/no gnome

Hi guys, some much needed help here...I'm very new to linux/fedora so i'm not too sure what i messed up or what I broke by trying to fix something else. SInce last night i've been trying to get my wireless card working, finally got it working, so i moved on to installing nvidia driver...after that i switch to kde and started learning the ins and outs of kde...However, I rebooted the system to find out that my login screen was gone...i'm not sure exactly what happened. Now i get a welcome to localhost login screen and that doesn't allow me to login as root.
    Secondlly, after i login with my username and go to the kde and try to switch to gnome, gnome is no more on my list...but when i type gnome-panel in the terminal as root, I can then see the gnome panel below the kde panel...

can someone please tell me what i can do to fix the login screen and how to get gnome back on my list? I hope i don't have to reinstall fedora. Thank you

Colton, NY; Junction of Heaven & Earth (also Routes 56 & 68).
    Have you tried opening a terminal and typing 'switchdesk gnome'? If still nothing, try Imdeemvp's instructions on this thread: http://fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=45369
    Linux & Beer - That TOTALLY Computes!
    Registered Linux User #362651

Don't use any of my solutions on working computers or near small children.

The command you just provided states that gnome is not installed...secondly, the link you provided was the link i used to get gnome panel below my kde panel but that's not a solution...I guess what I need to know at this time is how to reinstall gnome and how to get my login screen back. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by justol'bob
    Have you tried opening a terminal and typing 'switchdesk gnome'? If still nothing, try Imdeemvp's instructions on this thread: http://fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=45369

Colton, NY; Junction of Heaven & Earth (also Routes 56 & 68).
    Alright - here's a guy who's just done it: http://fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42104
    Linux & Beer - That TOTALLY Computes!
    Registered Linux User #362651

Don't use any of my solutions on working computers or near small children.