Hello everybody,

I am currently using Fedora 30 x86_64 in my new laptop: Acer Nitro 5 AN515-42 with AMD Ryzen 5 2500U processor, and dual graphics (integrated and discrete).

For starters it took me a while to figure out the boot parameters that would allow it to boot: noapic and nomodeset, plus a parameter to enable the touchpad i8042.nopnp.

Among the problems I have detected are the following: the machine does not quite match the battery life it gets out of Windows 10 (2 hours vs 4 hours), and it can not be suspended by closing the lid. I realize that the boot parameters I employed are at least partially responsible for those problems, and would like to replace them with the "correct ones" for my machine.

The laptop has an integrated Radeon Vega graphics card (APU), and a discrete Radeon RX 560X, which apparently get switched on and off by Windows depending on the workload, thus explaining the battery life advantage.

Can any one please tell me the best Linux boot parameters I can use to fix the aforementioned issues? Additional actions to improve performance? Perhaps suggest where to look?

Thanks,
Joe.