My fedora 30(dual boot with windows 10) not showing grub and not shutting down
FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post My fedora 30(dual boot with windows 10) not showing grub and not shutting down

Dear members,

I have HP 15-r250TU laptop with Intel HD Graphics and Intel Quadcore N3540 CPU. I have freshly installed Fedora 30 in my laptop after installing windows 10. But right from installation after completing on first startup it doesn't show any grub menu but directly booted to F30. After when I try to shut down it infinitely waiting, only just show the fedora logo. I just pressed power button after 10 minutes to shut down. But again when booting no grub menu and no shut down. Very frustrated.

As a teacher I am promoting Linux to my students, but even cant install it properly in my lap. Previously I have a Toshiba laptop, but the same installation media works fine in that. Do any have similar problem? Thanks in advance

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: My fedora 30(dual boot with windows 10) not showing grub and not shutting down

on powering laptop immediately use escape key or to f2 or f8 key. go to boot menu and try to boot windows

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: My fedora 30(dual boot with windows 10) not showing grub and not shutting down

Quote Originally Posted by kkshethin
    on powering laptop immediately use escape key or to f2 or f8 key. go to boot menu and try to boot windows
    That only shows boot menu i.e Hard disk/USB/DVD. But I want to fix issue with fedora 1) not showing grub menu 2)Not shutting down

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

regarding shutdown, some knowlegable one can answer
    however regarding directly booting to fedora, there may two reasons i can guess. one is fedora failed to add windows to boot and therefore directly boots to fedora considering single system. to repair that you have to use grub2-mkconfig. (it will be better to mount windows c partition while using the command). second guess is that somehow your boot grub time is fixed at zero. for that better to install and use grub-customizer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

regarding shutdown, some knowlegable one can answer
    however regarding directly booting to fedora, there may two reasons i can guess. one is fedora failed to add windows to boot and therefore directly boots to fedora considering single system. to repair that you have to use grub2-mkconfig. (it will be better to mount windows c partition while using the command). second guess is that somehow your boot grub time is fixed at zero. for that better to install and use grub-customizer