Plymouth bgrt custom image instead of firmware logo
FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Plymouth bgrt custom image instead of firmware logo

I have installed fedora 30 in BIOS mode and so plymouth doesn't show the firmware logo during boot and I get a black screen with fedora logo and a spinner. I am using bgrt plymouth theme. So I want bgrt to use a custom .png image instead of the firmware logo. How do I do this?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Plymouth bgrt custom image instead of firmware logo

If you want to use a different plymouth theme, just install one of the theme packages in the repo (look for plymouth-plugin-THEMENAME) and it will automatically set it to default theme. You can manually change the theme using plymouth-set-default-theme command.

If you want to create your own theme, that's a different story. Creating one from scratch needs some programming skills, since it's not a simple one-line editing of a configuration file.

Best bet is to copy an existing source of a plymouth theme that looks similar to what you want, modify the source, re-package as rpm under your own theme name, then install that. Just make sure to follow the license requirement of the theme you are copying and editing (some require crediting the original author prominently, etc.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Plymouth bgrt custom image instead of firmware logo

I don't want to create a new theme. I just want to replace the OEM logo that bgrt theme displays during boot to an alternate picture. I want to know what is the location of the picture that bgrt theme displays. So that I can just replace the picture with the alternative picture.