Second monitor resolution issue
FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Second monitor resolution issue

I've recently been trying to get my Nvidia dGPU to play well with Linux, and I finally found the right guide and got everything installed. Cinnamon is out of software rendering, AND I can use an external monitor.

The external monitor is now a problem though. The display configuration GUI shows me both displays. The main laptop display is 3840x2160 with a 16:9 aspect ratio. The external monitor is a 21 inch Lenovo at 1920x1080 with a 16:9 aspect ratio. For some reason, everything on the Lenovo is freaking giant! When playing around with desktop settings, I opened up the GUI below:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lying-display.png 
Views:	12 
Size:	28.3 KB 
ID:	30496

The title bar says the resolution of the current monitor is 960x540. This leads me to believe that the display configuration GUI is lying about the external monitor's resolution being set to 1920x1080. How do I correct this?

EDIT:
    After an overnight suspend, I tried to resume and was met with a black screen. I tried to get a terminal up, and none would come up. I'm not sure what the issue is, nor if it is related to the above display issue.

EDIT 2:
    The issue noted in the first edit has been resolved. I use Cinnamon as my DE, and in Power Management, the option for hybrid sleep was set. Toggling that option off fixed everything. I have no idea what hybrid sleep is, but it appeared to actually freeze some functionality as the caps lock indicator light wouldn't come on, but the keyboard backlight could be toggled on and off. Good riddance hybrid sleep.
    Last edited by windowssucks; 27th July 2019 at 02:13 AM.