Fedora 30 - Setup laptop with 2 nvidia cards without CLI
FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fedora 30 - Setup laptop with 2 nvidia cards without CLI

Hello everyone, hope you all have a wonderful day.
    Recently I switched from Mac to windows and realized that nothing actually works on this system as it actually should. My next destination was Linux. Iíve tried several distributions in the past: like mint and Ubuntu, but nothing suits my needs this days. About 4 months ago I gave a go to fedora and that hit the point. Exactly the system I need. Clean, light, feels like OS X and I can overcome lack of some software, not saying that I donít care about games and all. But, and of course thereís but. Itís my main and only system for laptop, but I canít make it fork on my work station. Iím running ryzen 2700x and 2x 1050ti I know they are not sli but I donít care about it for my needs I just need cudís cores for rendering. The problem is that as soon as I install nvidia drivers it freaks out about second video card that is not sli, and I canít boot into system. Can anyone please give me an advice on how to deal with it. I donít want to give up my video card but also Iím not yet ready to upgrade to sli cards. Any help would be appreciated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Fedora 30 as a main workstation problems

Hi Simon,

Maybe you should tweak the title of your thread to something more targeted like: Setup laptop with 2 nvidia cards without CLI.
    Perhaps, also mention which fedora version you use, what you've tried (like link to tutorials, driver versions, ...) and point where exactly things go wrong.

If you wish to discuss and maybe be further convinced to move to fedora altogether - you can start a thread in the Using Fedora section.
    For the hardware issue at hand, people at this forum will likely ignore this post just because of the general nature of thread title - without reading content.
    I do wish to underline that you do indeed have a valid and interesting (hardware & laptop) issue and am merely questioning how the issue is phrased.

Colton, NY; Junction of Heaven & Earth (also Routes 56 & 68).
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Fedora 30 - Setup laptop with 2 nvidia cards without CLI

Well, the OP DID say "F30" in the title, but I've modified it a bit to point to the real issue and moved it over to Using Fedora for maximum attention. So, to both of you, an official "Welcome" to the Forum and I hope the issue is resolved quickly (one old desktop & using Nouveau, so no help at all there).
    Linux & Beer - That TOTALLY Computes!
    Registered Linux User #362651

Don't use any of my solutions on working computers or near small children.